By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Signings.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I can confirm that having impressed at Carrow Road last night, this bloke is available. Fee believed to be a pint of German beer and a packet of crisps, fitness levels very similar to Matt Jarvis. Remember the name, Fenway Frank.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I would have believed that if he was considered 'homegrown', but I've checked and he isn't.... so I don't.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we signed an experienced homegrown pro or two on 1 or 2 year deals, because young homegrown players are so expensive, with the heftier transfer fees going on overseas signings.

If Joe Hart was good with his feet then that would have been believable too, but he isn't.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

No doubt he's on huge wages....................no thanks.:D

Can afford to pay somebody more money if the transfer fee is £0 though.

Just £1m is almost £10k a week over a two year contract.

Should imagine defensive midfield is one of the 2 or 3 positions we'll be prepared to invest decent money in though, its a position where we need a long term solution.

I find a 29 year old right back more believable (we were linked to that Peruvian one),because we aren't going to want to drop a big fee on a backup player.... Aarons is Premier League.

OldRobert

OldRobert

I'm in favour of the geezer for a pint of german beer and a packet of crisps, looks fit and pacey to me.;)

morty

morty

Staff member
Can afford to pay somebody more money if the transfer fee is £0 though.

Just £1m is almost £10k a week over a two year contract.

Should imagine defensive midfield is one of the 2 or 3 positions we'll be prepared to invest decent money in though, its a position where we need a long term solution.

I find a 29 year old right back more believable (we were linked to that Peruvian one),because we aren't going to want to drop a big fee on a backup player.... Aarons is Premier League.
If only we could keep Louis Thompson fit...

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Worth noting that almost all of our signings last season came completely out of the blue, so I'm not expecting the papers to get much right.

The genuine links they do publish will presumably be players who just want to leverage our interest to try and get other offers, rather than players who really want to come here.

Wouldn't surprise me if Barbet and Ajayi were genuine links but possibly players we'd be more interested in signing if we narrowly missed out on promotion rather than players we think can significantly improve us?

I suppose Hanley out and Barbet in would make pretty decent sense, as the latter is left footed and comes from a team which plays out from the back. That is possibly the most believable link so far. Presumably Barbet is aware of decent interest from somewhere as he's walking away from a contract offer at Brentford.

Especially if bringing one French Brentford player the club might help us to temp another who appears perfect for our system? wink wink.

£15m for Maupey, for example, might not feel too expensive if we were to view Barbet + Maupey as £7.5m each!

N

Number 9

Ivo we knew, Jarvis, Naismith,Yanic, Passlack and Rhodes gone.

So Husband stays? Out on loan somewhere should think. Franke not mentioned here so ..?
Todd extended for another year.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Rhodes loan deal might have come to an end but that doesn’t mean we’re not negotiating with him and Sheffield Weds

Timm Klose's Boat Analogy

Timm Klose's Boat Analogy

very pleased to see Big Timmy still aboard the good ship Norwich City FC