By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Signings.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Be interesting to see if he is considered to be squad player at PL level or Champs level, I suspect the latter.

Personally I don't think he's any higher standard than the likes of Korey Smith, Cameron McGeehan and Tom Adeyemi and will spend his career in the Championship or League One.

Or for an older example.... Adrian Forbes and Chris Llewellyn.

If he wasn't a local lad and we'd signed him for £2.5m you'd possibly be a bit disappointed. I mean.... we paid that for Sergi Canos, who is simply more gifted (I'd quite like him back to be honest!).

Obviously a full season out on loan to the Championship and I might upgrade him, he might boss that league and come back looking 'ready', but can't help but feel right now that having one year left on his deal his a bigger risk for him than it is for us.

Still.... a decent player for our academy to churn out, and nice to see local lads making it in professional football at any level as Norwich doesn't produce all that many (outfield players in particular).

OldRobert

OldRobert

Never did understand all the raving about him, sure he had a good game or two, but that was about it. Imo he's not up to scratch even for the Championship, like the players you mention Canaryboy.

N

Number 9

Jarrold's signed up apparently.
I can't confirm if they're taking the 3rd striker role.........

Reactions: Din
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Never did understand all the raving about him, sure he had a good game or two, but that was about it. Imo he's not up to scratch even for the Championship, like the players you mention Canaryboy.
Not completely writing him off but think he has work to do before he's a solid Championship player yet alone Premier League... Sensible wage + season long loan would my plan for him and that's probably Webber's too.
I think Cantwell's path should be to sign a new deal, go out on loan for a season, if we stay up next season we'll flog him and if we go down we'll use a hopefully improved player in the Championship.
Cantwell is in danger of running down his contract whilst being stuck in the U23's for a year.... A loan is for a players development and we may decide we don't want to subsidise his wages for him to put himself in the shop window if we get nothing back at the end of it.

morty

morty

Staff member
Another exciting youngster signed, a real prospect by all accounts. Attacking midfielder. I love that we have a reputation of quality coaching that develops youth.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Another exciting youngster signed, a real prospect by all accounts. Attacking midfielder. I love that we have a reputation of quality coaching that develops youth.

View attachment 595
He could potentially be a massive signing, a lot of the London and both Manchester clubs were after him

morty

morty

Staff member
Was close to signing for Man U, and someone put this video together!

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

No pressure, but he’s the next Madders isn’t he ?

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I'm sure if we were to sign 5 or 6 players like this we'd end up having a couple that end up in the first team like Godfrey and Maddison, as long as we didn't appoint some complete imbecile after Farke and go back to having a Jez Moxey model.

The other 4 would end up playing for Solihull Moors or Chelmsford... but that's football.

He does look good though, I think he looks more like a cross between Leroy Fer and Moritz Leitner though.... Leitner with the occasional driving run... with a sprinkle of Snodgrass's determination. Worth a punt.

Last edited:
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

He could potentially be a massive signing, a lot of the London and both Manchester clubs were after him

Really can't get too excited about players that young though. Because the most common thing that goes wrong is that they start believing their own hype and stop working hard so stand still or go backwards.... (possibly what went wrong with Glenn Middleton here, needed the wake up call?).

... but it does show that the football world has taken notice of the clear path we have to the first team here and the way players like Godfrey and Aarons have developed in such a short space of time. Not been afraid to give kids their shot if we feel they are ready

Last edited:
S

scottishfootballscout

I see Norwich are now looking likely to sign David Turnbull after having a bid accepted. For some reason a Scottish paper has dredged up his twitter from 2015 where he said C'mon Norwich so it must be nearly completed ! Anyway here is a piece i wrote on him when it looked likely he would go to Celtic, it will give you an idea of the type of player he is. cheers !

N

Number 9

Whatever happened to the Jarrold thing? There was a preview tweet from the club to build excitement- then nothing?

N

Number 9

I see Norwich are now looking likely to sign David Turnbull after having a bid accepted. For some reason a Scottish paper has dredged up his twitter from 2015 where he said C'mon Norwich so it must be nearly completed ! Anyway here is a piece i wrote on him when it looked likely he would go to Celtic, it will give you an idea of the type of player he is. cheers !
Essentially a McLean mark 2, likes to get forward and score goals but no pace and cant defend.