By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

So then, let's talk about Emi....

morty

morty

Staff member
And where the first team should be looking to make changes perhaps.

We all wanted Emi to start, Farke gave a long detailed chat about why he wasn't, he had about 35 minutes on Sunday, and didn't exactly set anything on fire. Have we all been a bit guilty of assuming he was the answer, and the reality is that he isn't 100% fit, and can't dominate in this league, like he did in the Championship? Forget the stats, they can be misleading. It is quite funny, was following a discussion on Twitter the other night, involving Huckerby, and you could have, basically, substituted the name "Hoolahan" into virtually every one of the comments!

Is it time to maybe realise that Duda isn't the goal scoring number 10 that we need to take the goal scoring pressure off Pukki? Time to put Mclean in his favoured position there, as he has shown he has an eye for goal, and play Vrancic deeper, where he can influence the game?

I really with Onel was fit, because we really could do with a pacy option.

G

GJP

The thing that's bothering me at the moment is the inclusion of Duda and Rupp.

Farke has always been very loyal to players. And now he's binned people off to accommodate two new lads who've simply haven't improved us. Infact we might be worse for their inclusion.

It seems very counter to everything that has been good about this team the last couple of years and obviously it would have put noses out of joint.

We're in a relegation battle (if it's even that at this stage),we don't look like winning games yet we're leaving Vrancic and Buendia on the bench. Would they be a miracle cure? Maybe not. But you've got to do the right things and leaving them out isn't right.

OldRobert

OldRobert

I have always been a believer in playing one's best players, and there's no doubt that neither Rupp nor Duda have contributed enough to start imo. Duda anyway won't be here next season for sure and isn't our player. I know a lot of people are complaing that Emi is spending too much time on the floor, whingeing and waving his arms about, however I would put him in front of Rupp any day. With his talent I'd be upset if I was on the bench behind someone who isn't contributing anything. Anyway Emi is Latino and his attitude is in his genes. I worry that DF is a manager who won't play players, who for whatever reason, has maybe said something out of turn or whatever, and NCFC end up with a weaker team as a result. Why is Vrancic on the bench, can't Leitner be brought in from the cold? The Mayor at No 10, why not. I wish Zimmerman was fit, Godfrey is not looking as secure as him. Those who complained about Hanley surely must be eating their words.
I won't hold my breath though, DF only seems to change things when someone is injured, and time in reality has probably run out.