By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Social page is now #otbc

Status
Not open for further replies.
admin

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the constant changes, but there really is no way for me to make 'offline' changes and make them live when happy, frequent users will also notice that I'm playing around with ad positions, apologies for any irritation. 

A few days ago I introduced a 'social' page, which aggregated the tweets of 25 twitter accounts (mainly players and a few legends). It didn't work quite as well as I'd expected, as four or five accounts dominated the page and it may as well have been renamed 'Eadie, Huckerby & Iwan tube', most players aren't all that active on twitter - especially when the going gets tough, and when they are active it is usually about their private lives (it felt a bit stalkerish). Most twitter users will also be following those 25 accounts anyway, making the feature redundant for many. 

So I had an idea, which I think works much better. Instead of hooking up just 25 twitter accounts (the most content sources I could include without paying a license fee),I have hooked up just one content source.... Tweets tagged with #otbc

The software algorithm now selects a variety of tweets tagged with either of those two hashtags from any twitter user, and means that any user with a twitter account who tags a post #otbc could well get get featured (although most don't, the software is pretty good at weeding out conversations etc). Probably more fitting for an independent fan driven website, and much more 'social' as it enables you to find interesting people to follow. I'm sure most would agree when they check it out here

Unfortunately using #ncfc seemed to bring up loads of Newcastle posts (bizarrely),so had to stick with just #otbc

But I think the page is pretty awesome, please have a butchers and let me know what you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.