By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

The Josh Murphy Thread

admin

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Joshua Murphy
 ​
Josh-Murphy_large.jpg
 ​
 ​
Position: Winger

DOB24th February 1995

Signed: Academy

Contract: [SIZE=17.77777862548828px]30th June[/SIZE] 2017

Last edited by a moderator:
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Jacob Murphy interview after scoring 2 goals against Crawley...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjqXc3O7sPE

Din

Din

He scored for England under 20's tonight, against Lithuania after coming on as a sub. England ended up winning 6-0.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Josh Murphy has been called up to the England U21 squad.  

ZLF

ZLF

Josh Murphy has been called up to the England U21 squad.  
Not in this list from the BBC site? Although Redderz is.

Goalkeepers: Jonathan Bond (Watford),Jack Butland (Stoke City),Sam Johnstone (Manchester United)

Defenders: Calum Chambers (Arsenal),Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur),Luke Garbutt (Everton),Ben Gibson (Middlesbrough),Carl Jenkinson (West Ham United, on loan from Arsenal),Michael Keane (Burnley, on loan from Manchester United),Jamaal Lascelles (Nottingham Forest, on loan from Newcastle United),Liam Moore (Leicester City),Luke Shaw (Manchester United)

Midfielders: Lewis Baker (Chelsea),Tom Carroll (Swansea City, on loan from Tottenham Hotspur),Jake Forster-Caskey (Brighton & Hove Albion),Will Hughes (Derby County),Thomas Ince (Hull City),Alex Pritchard (Brentford, on loan from Tottenham Hotspur),Nathan Redmond (Norwich City)

Forwards: Patrick Bamford (Middlesbrough, on loan from Chelsea),Saido Berahino (West Bromwich Albion),Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur),Cauley Woodrow (Fulham)

KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

Under 20s

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/development/2014/oct/aidy-boothroyd-announces-england-u20-squad-021014

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Damn, I misread it. 

Well he should be due a call up to the Under 21's, after his goals this season. 

They call up players who have yet to kick a ball for their clubs, 19 year old Lewis Baker at Chelsea gets a call up to the U21's  despite playing just one professional game. Shows that the big club bias starts in the age groups!

ZLF

ZLF

Assumed it was the u20s but couldnt quickly find a link - and the pinkun headline is plain misleading!!

G

GJP

Wonder what Josh will do against Rotherham.

Great goal at Blackpool followed by something of a wasteful (although brief) showing against Charlton.

splutcho

splutcho

Damn, I misread it. 

Well he should be due a call up to the Under 21's, after his goals this season. 

They call up players who have yet to kick a ball for their clubs, 19 year old Lewis Baker at Chelsea gets a call up to the U21's  despite playing just one professional game. Shows that the big club bias starts in the age groups!

I don't think that's big club bias. In general, Chelsea's young players will be better than ours (yes I know we beat them in the youth cup final, but that was a shock) and because they're playing for a bigger side, their chances in the first team will be limited. They shouldn't be punished for not being able to force Hazard out of the first team.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

They could go out on loan to prove their worth?

I still think its odd to pick players for the Under 21's who have yet to even play a competitive league game at any senior level.  We should at least wait until they have gone out on loan and done the business in League One or above? If he is 19 then what's the rush, he could get recognition and reward once he's played a few games. Doesn't this fuel the sense of entitlement that young players have, and doesn't it devalue the U21's if you can get a cap without having to really earn it? 

We don't pick players for the senior team if they aren't getting football, e.g. Micah Richards and Joleon Lescott. 

He has even been picked above Josh McEachran, the Chelsea player who is on loan at (and playing for) Vitesse Arnham. 

I can remember when Cherno Samba was the next Alan Shearer  :lol:

Oh yeah and Jimmy Smith, the next Frank Lampard  :ph34r:

lyb

lyb

They could go out on loan to prove their worth?

I still think its odd to pick players for the Under 21's who have yet to even play a competitive league game at any senior level.  We should at least wait until they have gone out on loan and done the business in League One or above? If he is 19 then what's the rush, he could get recognition and reward once he's played a few games. Doesn't this fuel the sense of entitlement that young players have, and doesn't it devalue the U21's if you can get a cap without having to really earn it? 

We don't pick players for the senior team if they aren't getting football, e.g. Micah Richards and Joleon Lescott. 

He has even been picked above Josh McEachran, the Chelsea player who is on loan at (and playing for) Vitesse Arnham. 

I can remember when Cherno Samba was the next Alan Shearer  :lol:

Oh yeah and Jimmy Smith, the next Frank Lampard  :ph34r:
Josh and Jacob are good players in their own right, but I think they're better together as a package. Josh is a bit of a bit part player with us at the moment and I wonder if it might be better value to loan him to Blackpool as well and see how the pair of them do as a unit in the Championship. Jacob doesn't seem to have trouble getting game time there and I suspect Josh would be no different.

Yellow Fever

Yellow Fever

From what I hear, Jacob has been playing in a central position for Blackpool, so a partnership might not be on there. We need Josh at the moment as our options on the left are pretty thin.

morty

morty

Staff member
Not going to post in both threads lol, but the twins have just agreed two year deals with us. Good news.

ZLF

ZLF

Think this is an excellent move;    the raw talent is clear to see,   he just needs competitive game experience to improve his decision making to make the most of it - the value of pitch time is clear to see in Redmond;   regular games for a good Dons team should provide just that. 

The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

Would imagine he'll see a lot of first team football, exciting attackers are always given more opportunities than defenders as considered less of a risk. Josh is certainly exciting as is Jacob and I think that will get him a good run in the team initially. If he regularly produces and end-product he will keep his place. A full season at championship level will do wonders for his development, but I would be concerned if he started to warm their bench. Good to see the triumverate of our Youth Cup winning team all out getting first team experience of mens football. Think it would have been better if Jacob could have got a championship move, but he's more likely to be warming the bench at a championship club, or getting pummelled every week like at Blackpool which I think wont help his development much. Better they are involved at a lower level than uninvolved at a higher one