By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Transfer rumours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Number 9

Yeah, quite a few positions require attention.
Number 2 keeper.
Right back.
Centre back.
Left back cover.
DM x 2
Am x 2
Striker.

I'm supposing,
McGovern and Nyland out of contract.
Aaron's gone.
Skipps gone.
Tettey gone.
Emi gone.
Cantwell gone.

Not all of those will definitely happen, but are likely.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Byram needs replacing as he won't stay fit for longer than 20 minutes. That's if we ever get him fit.

morty

morty

Staff member
Yeah, quite a few positions require attention.
Number 2 keeper.
Right back.
Centre back.
Left back cover.
DM x 2
Am x 2
Striker.

I'm supposing,
McGovern and Nyland out of contract.
Aaron's gone.
Skipps gone.
Tettey gone.
Emi gone.
Cantwell gone.

Not all of those will definitely happen, but are likely.
I'm not so sure all those players will go. I think Aarons is definitely on his way, heard a rumour he agreed to stay this season and be allowed to go after. I think Todd could stay. I think Emi will stay, but will go in January. Skipp is an interesting one, I wouldn't be surprised if he came back here for another season, depends what the new Spurs manager makes of him I guess, and the whole dynamic of Spurs could change very quickly depending if they get Champions league or not.

Re keeper, I wonder if we will go with Barden or Oxborough, otherwise whats the point in developing them?

Centre back is interesting, and made more so since Omabamidele came in and looked very comfortable. So we potentially have him, Grant and Ben Gibson, am assuming we may offload Zimbo, and that Klose won't be back. We have Famewo on loan at Charlton who has done well, and we also have Rocky Bushiri out on loan, not really sure what level he is at.

Left back cover could well be Sam Mcallum, on loan at Coventry. Right back does look thin, if Max goes, we definitely need to replace, not sure if Bali Mumba is quite good enough to even deputise, so wonder if we may buy one, and maybe loan another in?

Striker is interesting, you have to assume Teemu is going to be first choice, with Hugill and Idah as back up. Just playing one striker it would be difficult to fit another one in, so I do wonder a Championship loan for Idah, and get one in on loan, but not entirely sure that would please Idah, who looks good enough to be Premier league squad material.

Midfielders, we have Melvin Sitti out on loan, we have Danil Sinani, also Tom Trybul, Moritz Leitner and Louis Thompson. Who knows Daniel might have em all back pre season and someone there may stake a claim. Oh just remembered we have Philip Heisse out on loan too.

Busy times for Mr Webber!

G

gerryinromania

Don't you think that Idah will go out on loan. He really does need game time. He's not going to be a good player, always sitting on the bench or with the u23s

morty

morty

Staff member
Don't you think that Idah will go out on loan. He really does need game time. He's not going to be a good player, always sitting on the bench or with the u23s
I think he has gone past the stage where a loan would be a good move, if he was going out on loan I think it would have been this season. Tricky one.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I think Idah needs to play 40 games next season to show what he can do, his career won’t go anywhere sitting on our bench and playing a few carabao cup matches. I’d loan him out and get another Pukki style centre forward from somewhere

OldRobert

OldRobert

Agree FF. Especially if Placheta leaves which I think he should as imho he's not PL standard.

N

Number 9

I'm not so sure all those players will go. I think Aarons is definitely on his way, heard a rumour he agreed to stay this season and be allowed to go after. I think Todd could stay. I think Emi will stay, but will go in January. Skipp is an interesting one, I wouldn't be surprised if he came back here for another season, depends what the new Spurs manager makes of him I guess, and the whole dynamic of Spurs could change very quickly depending if they get Champions league or not.

Re keeper, I wonder if we will go with Barden or Oxborough, otherwise whats the point in developing them?

Centre back is interesting, and made more so since Omabamidele came in and looked very comfortable. So we potentially have him, Grant and Ben Gibson, am assuming we may offload Zimbo, and that Klose won't be back. We have Famewo on loan at Charlton who has done well, and we also have Rocky Bushiri out on loan, not really sure what level he is at.

Left back cover could well be Sam Mcallum, on loan at Coventry. Right back does look thin, if Max goes, we definitely need to replace, not sure if Bali Mumba is quite good enough to even deputise, so wonder if we may buy one, and maybe loan another in?

Striker is interesting, you have to assume Teemu is going to be first choice, with Hugill and Idah as back up. Just playing one striker it would be difficult to fit another one in, so I do wonder a Championship loan for Idah, and get one in on loan, but not entirely sure that would please Idah, who looks good enough to be Premier league squad material.

Midfielders, we have Melvin Sitti out on loan, we have Danil Sinani, also Tom Trybul, Moritz Leitner and Louis Thompson. Who knows Daniel might have em all back pre season and someone there may stake a claim. Oh just remembered we have Philip Heisse out on loan too.

Busy times for Mr Webber!
Emi was on the same deal as Max apparently.
Skipp has a greater value now than last season, Daniel Levy won't let him return here when there's money elsewhere.
Those three center backs aren't enough while two of them have regularly got long term injuries.
The defenders out on loan haven't been deemed good enough for the Championship, certainly not good enough for the big league.
Bali Mumba has surprised more than a few with his play, I'd back him to step up.
Teemu is a stubbed toe away from us not scoring for months. We need striker(s)
Those midfielders you named have been tried by Farke and discarded.
It's going to be a key recruitment area, dm and am.
It's a big problem because they didn't recruit 2019.

N

Number 9

Premier League still hasn't confirmed when the transfer window actually opens.
Euros run till 11th July and some European leagues opening window on July 1st.

morty

morty

Staff member
McGovern new 2 year deal. So that goes some way to answering earlier keeper questions...

N

Number 9

Having an underwhelming keeper at third choice saves a bit of cash for other players I suppose.

morty

morty

Staff member
Wait, what's this??

66.jpg

OldRobert

OldRobert

Got a lot of jumping around elsewhere. Anyone like to offer an opinion?

morty

morty

Staff member
Got a lot of jumping around elsewhere. Anyone like to offer an opinion?
Wouldn't surprise me if he signed a new contract, it just means we will get the right price when he leaves, and he will. He'll go somewhere for about 45 million either in January, or next summer.

I would have thought he already had a decent promotion clause in his current contract though.

Status
Not open for further replies.