By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Was gorn on in traynun Neel

N

Number 9

So which players show evidence of improving, training on.
I'm hoping that this will not be an opportunity to slate those who aren't doing so well, but rather applaud the players who seem to get better and better.

I'll start you of with Tim Krul..

He seems to have upped his game since Ralfy joined us. Many will say that we don't have a decent keeper at the club, but Tim has certainly made improvements to his game.

N

Number 9

Buendia's attitude, since he was dropped has massively improved.
He has changed considerably, was overweight when he joined us, so has got fit.
Defensive duties improved, used to give the ball away alot but now helos Max more than he did.
Obviously the stats often quoted regards his passing and dribbling assists etc speak for themselves.

N

Number 9

And there gentlemen is a problem.

Who else in our squad has improved / trained on during past couple of years. Yes many of them have maintained their level, but other than the three mentioned, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of improvement in our players.

Even if you think in terms of sections of the team - strikers, midfield or defence say, not a huge difference to where we were this time last year.
Marginal gains perhaps but it could be argued that those came as a result of game time together rather than training / coaching.
There's always the possibility that a player has peaked and won't improve further, the conversation around Steiperman for instance.

Have I missed anyone?

morty

morty

Staff member
Everyone couldn't wait to write off Hanley it seemed, and he has been excellent recently. I also think Max gets better and better.

Technically every player, who is getting regular games, is better than last season because they are all playing at a much higher level. I know our position is precarious, but on the whole I don't think we have been terrible.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Just not good enough for the league we are currently in.

N

Number 9

Everyone couldn't wait to write off Hanley it seemed, and he has been excellent recently. I also think Max gets better and better.

Technically every player, who is getting regular games, is better than last season because they are all playing at a much higher level. I know our position is precarious, but on the whole I don't think we have been terrible.
I thought about Max, my problem is that he's not the best defender and he doesn't score goals.
He's ok regarding assists, far better than Byram obviously, I'm not sure he's trained on so much as trying harder because he's up against better players?
Hanley - the problem he has had is complete lack of game time, then suddenly being thrown in the deep end.
Badly managed, in my opinion. When he plays regularly he's doing ok, but not brilliant and not making strides at improving as a defender.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I'd be interested to know where you feel our next point(s) might come from?
If they don’t come Saturday then we really are gone, and worse than we think, although like Morty I don’t think we have been that far away, but ultimately not quite good enough

N

Number 9

I'd be interested to know where you feel our next point(s) might come from?

I've resigned myself to relegation and some of our better players being sold to be honest with you.

I hope it doesn't happen, but Plan A hasn't worked and Plan B appears to be try harder at Plan A.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Depends on what you expect plan B to be, we play a certain way and will stick to it although there can be tweaks within that.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Depends on what you expect plan B to be, we play a certain way and will stick to it although there can be tweaks within that.

I'd be interested to see what these tweaks of yours might be FF. they've been conspicuous by their absence so far. :)