By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Mattia Destro

C

CanaryNath

About time the lad got his own thread…..

gazetta.it is now reporting that Destro has delayed signing with Bologna, possibly due to Norwich's interest in signing him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indy_Bones

Indy_Bones

There certainly appear to be some legs to the rumours, but whether this is a genuine attempt to sign the guy or the board are simply using him as a pawn to advance negotiations with another party remains to be seen.

I'd be happier with Destro than any of the other names linked so far, but I still don't think he's the right player for the current system though and could end up being a more expensive Hooper...

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I've been away, I see that Alex Neil has confirmed our interest?

It would be an amazing signing if we could pull it off, but he was said to have rejected West Ham, if he considered himself too good for them then surely he wouldn't sign for us?

Indy_Bones

Indy_Bones

Depends on what they were offering him CB.

If he wants guaranteed minutes, then he'd have a tougher job displacing the likes of Sakho, Carroll, Valencia and Zarate than he would players such as Grabban, RvW and Hooper, ergo we could probably give him a much greater assurance of game time than they could (although I don't think this would be AN's style to allow this).

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I suppose he could have turned down West Ham when there was something better on the table too, which isn't on the table anymore. 

morty

morty

Staff member
Twitter is saying he has gone to Bologna - done deal.

Indy_Bones

Indy_Bones

And thus ends another tenuous link to a good player.

Who's next in the random, unexpected striker stakes???

Macey

Macey

So many different articles about this dude, some say he is going to bologna with a final fee of around 10m euro (payments over 4yrs or so) and then a couple saying he is coming here... To be honest I think he will end up at bologna, I get the feeling he is a player that would not want to move here.

Boyerboy

Boyerboy

The Times as a first features Norwich first in its transfer section as being "on the verge of a deal to sign Mattia Destro on loan from Roma although Bologna are interested in the Italy forward'. 

So who knows? Perhaps? 

C

CanaryNath

Gazetta dello Sport also reported (just 3 hours ago) that a deal for Destro to Bologna was 'a done sea;' and could even be officially announced later today.

The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

Gazetta dello Sport also reported (just 3 hours ago) that a deal for Destro to Bologna was 'a done sea;' and could even be officially announced later today.
Did you not SEE the clubcall link above  ;)    He's on his way to join his mate Quagliarella

Macey

Macey

Translates to:

From today begins my new adventure with the # Bologna , I will give all to repay your trust! Arrivoooo! # weareone  # goal  # assists