By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Ipswich Town (away) Sunday 22nd October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hogesar

hogesar

Sober enough to realise we didnt play brilliantly now, but literally dont care, any win against them is a perfect performance in my book.

Din

Din

Yeah it was actually one of our worst performances whilst we've been on this run, but who gives a f*ck? :D

That said it wasn't a bad performance. There's no doubt we deserved the win, as despite the occasionally iffy moment first half, we always looked like we were the team who had more quality. I was surprised by how relaxed I was after we scored, it just never crossed my mind that Ipswich would score. Partly because they are so bad, but mainly because we were so composed, and have seen out 1-0 leads for much longer in games against far better opposition. 

One moment that did worry me slightly was when Zimmermann went off, however I thought Hanley did his job very well once he came on. Nobody had a bad game, but I didn't think anybody shone. Maddison though will take a lot of the plaudits, and rightly so, another superb goal. He just oozes confidence every time he has the ball. The scum can only dream of having a player as good as him, and yet he probably doesn't even get in a list of our top 3 players overall (Pritch, Wes, Nelson). I said to my mate at one point if they keep allowing him to have a pop from outside the area he will punish them sooner or later, and that's exactly what he did. Wildschut destroyed their right back time after time, to the point where every time we got the ball I was hoping we'd give him it. Hoolahan showed a couple of moments of composed, yet sublime quality. That's now 10 derbies Wes has been involved in and we haven't lost any of them! The two in the middle of midfield, Trybull and Reed, did their jobs. The whole back 4 all had the odd scary moment first half, but 2nd were completely solid, Stiepermann in particular. 

Ipswich are sh*te. They can continue to tell us how many stars they have above their badge, and wheel out all the old boys from a time when they weren't complete dross to try and convince everyone that they aren't a sh*t team. Let them do it, it's absolutely fine by me. It bothers me about as much as it does if someone told me that I'm banned from watching the Peppa Pig movie. The fact is in the present where everyone lives, we are the better club by absolute miles, hence why we have humiliated them for nearly a decade. Against a better side we may have been punished for some of the opportunities we gave them, but their whole side is so low on quality that with the exception of when they hit the post after 5 minutes (after a blatant foul on Ivo),that they never even looked like hurting us. I'm guessing as well based on what we saw from them in the rest of the game, was that that shot that did hit the post was probably a cross.

If there's any disappointing aspect about today, it would be that Nelson didn't get on. Farke actually said after that he was planning to start him but his groin played up this morning so he wasn't able to play a part. Obviously looking back now I'm pleased as we got the result anyway, but I would've loved Oliveira to smash one in and then celebrate right in front of Chambers' face. There's always the home fixture though.

Brilliant scenes both when the goal went in and at the end of the game. Some of the pictures going round are fantastic. Had been really looking forward to this game all week but come kick-off I have to say I was dreading it a bit. No idea why though, it was never in doubt! Absolutely love the whole atmosphere around the club at the moment, and am actually in love with Daniel Farke I think. Obviously if you remove the whole emotion from the occasion, it's another vital 3 points and another away win, which has ended up taking us into the play-off's. Two difficult games coming up after our trip to Arsenal, but if there's ever a time I'd back us to get results from them it's now. Great day! 

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Personally I can’t wait for Peppa Pig the sequel 

Reactions: Din
N

Number 9

What struck me was how many times Ipswich players led with elbows. Our boys were getting knocked  about quite a bit.

Credit to City players for not retaliating and getting sent off.

OldRobert

OldRobert

What struck me was how many times Ipswich players led with elbows. Our boys were getting knocked  about quite a bit.

Credit to City players for not retaliating and getting sent off.
Agree with that Number 9, guess it underlines that we don't have to descend to their level. :D

G

gerryinromania

Had  on the tellybox fed from the puta. First half, thought we allowed them every second ball, we were slow at reacting ( was almost, after you sir, type of play ) also thought that our defensive heading was very weak. Can't see how ref allowed big  block on Pinto. There appears to be  a lot of  dross officials getting paid for incompetence.Very impressed with how the team just kept it  together and tried to play football. Not really a great game,, but was a GREAT result. Everyone played their part.Well done to coaching staff, players, fans and of course the much maligned coach driver :D

Status
Not open for further replies.