By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Striker Signing

ZLF

ZLF

It may be end up being idle gossip so dont shoot the messenger but I have come to understand that come july we will have made the permanent signing of Patrick Bamford.

If its the boro version that looks an astute purchase - but he looked a world away from the shell we saw at palace.

If its true and we can rejuvenate him over the summer it could prove an astute purchase.  

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

As long as its not our flagship striker signing, we need more than one and Bamford would be a gamble. His stock must have fallen though, so potentially get him on the cheap?

ZLF

ZLF

I do think we need 4 strikers,  so that now gives us Bamford & Jerome,  both with good records in this league.

We still then have the unproven RvW Morris & Loza - the latter looking least likely to have an impact and the other two at best being the 4th option.   So agree a further option is still needed.

Gaffer

Gaffer

We need to go for a Callum Wilson instead of a Lewis Grabban.

KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

Grabban was a good signing, unfortunately one that just didn't settle here. I'm almost certain we won't sign a better forward this summer.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Grabban was a good signing, unfortunately one that just didn't settle here. I'm almost certain we won't sign a better forward this summer.
Thanks for not allowing it to go a week before a post! 

Grabban scored 12 goals last time in this division, Hooper scored 12 goals also, and Johnson scored 15. Redmond will be offski too. That's a lot of goals we need to replace.

Hopefully Naismith and Brady, if we can keep him, will make up for the Johnson goals between them.

I was initially a bit bemused by Alex Neil handing Whittaker another year, but I'm actually a bit relieved because I think it just means that he doesn't want to mess around signing defenders for the Championship when it is glaringly obvious that its goals we need now. 

KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

Don't know about that, I hope he wants at least 1 central defender (2 if Klose leaves) and to me it seems likely that we'll be needing a replacement for Olsson.

Whittaker is a decent Championship right back and is certainly good enough to keep the pressure on Pinto, who I assume would be first choice if the season started tomorrow. One of the few positions on the field that was never going to need much attention at this level.

G

GJP

The contract for Whittaker does appear to point to Martin at centreback.

As much as I think Bassong takes too much stick when Bennett and Martin come up short more often, frankly, they could do with getting rid of all 3.

And I can see Bassong and Bennett going but it is very hard to see Martin not being first choice.