By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Ipshit Town (Home) Saturday 6th April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Well, its here, and we all love a derby, don't we?

The truth is we all actually hate them. Form goes absolutely out of the window, and anything can happen. Look at the corresponding fixture at Poorman road, their best team in years couldn't beat us performing absolutely terribly. It feels, to me, that there is more pressure on them, lose and it could seriously dent their chances of going up automatically, and they have that "not beaten us in 15 years" kinda hanging over them too.

Lets face it, they have had an incredible season, very similar to when we won back to back promotions under Lambert, if you can keep players fit, have a momentum with a touch of luck thrown in, then you really can over achieve. And that is taking nothing away from them either, they have some decent quality as a collective, without having any really outstanding players. But honestly, I think we have better players than they do, a good 5 or 6 would walk into any Championship side.

But Saturday? All about who has the most bottle.

Really not much to pick between us in overall form, and our home form remains incredible. I have had a sneaky peek over at TWTD, and they're nervous.

Home form.

Home.jpg

Last 6 games

Last 6.jpg

morty

morty

Staff member
On Saturday... "We want to make sure that we do our stuff at the highest level, play to our pattern, our strengths. It didn't work on Monday, that happens, we are humans and that is football."

On injuries... "Jonny Rowe is into the final stages of his rehab which will take about seven to 10 days. Big credit to him and the medical team, they were totally clear on the timeframe. You can't take any risks with this kind of injury, they have done everything well so far. He is slightly ahead of schedule but we won't rush it."

DW on Sorensen: “Lungi has a hamstring injury. Thankfully, not to serious. He will be out for 10-14 days.”

DW: “Everybody looks fine. You can feel the excitement with what is ahead of us.”

DW: “Everyone who gets used on Saturday or not used needs to be on their highest energy level to get a positive result over the line. #ITFC are top of the league after 40 games, they deserve the credit they get for a fantastic season. This doesn’t change our aim.”

DW on if #ITFC will get promoted: “We speak about it after the game.” #NCFC

Josh Sargent followed the full regime (training and games) last week without any issues

DW: “Norwich supporters play your part. We approach it different and how this derby deserves. But we need to be calm in the head.”

DW: “The biggest difference between the first time we played them and now is that we are at home. We can be uncomfortable for every opponent and on Saturday (at home).”

On Saturday... "Our ultimate aim is clear, and this is a step to reach that. We are looking forward to it."

DW on #ITFC’s Kieran McKenna: “What he has done is remarkable, so big credit to him and his staff. How they approach it is outstanding. He deserves to win manager of the year in this season.”

N

nwcanary

Poor Ipshit; illness in the camp. Nothing trivial we hope!

N

nwcanary

Get your excuses in first. Miraculous recoveries by Saturday!
Let's hope DW is in his attacking frame of mind and not the disastrous sit back and let them have possession like against Leicester and Saints. That was so frustrating and we should have gone for Leicester's throats once we went ahead.

morty

morty

Staff member
Get your excuses in first. Miraculous recoveries by Saturday!
Let's hope DW is in his attacking frame of mind and not the disastrous sit back and let them have possession like against Leicester and Saints. That was so frustrating and we should have gone for Leicester's throats once we went ahead.
Yeah we were terrible at Leicester, but they are a very good side so I never thought it would be easy, despite their bad form.

I think we'll win tomorrow, but who knows, derbies throw up odd results, all about who keeps their heads.

G

gerryinromania

On the telly box again. Got moaned at as I said early start for supermarket run, or no supermarket. Got home in time, sorted some sipping stuff out, and settled down.
Very good win, very valuable win, and even more so, a very satisfactory win against that lot. We looked a different team than the Leicester match. The binners never really looked like beating us, they must now be a bit demoralised, how sad.
Well done everyone, and you lot out there, enjoy a few happy pints tonight.
A lot of happy people tonight, including this old fella now living in Romania

N

nwcanary

Great win. Was hoping for a Leeds win(never thought I would say that!) to keep wide gap between us and Coventry who will be our main threat for sixth and to knock Ipshit into 3rd.

N

Number 9

On the telly box again. Got moaned at as I said early start for supermarket run, or no supermarket. Got home in time, sorted some sipping stuff out, and settled down.
Very good win, very valuable win, and even more so, a very satisfactory win against that lot. We looked a different team than the Leicester match. The binners never really looked like beating us, they must now be a bit demoralised, how sad.
Well done everyone, and you lot out there, enjoy a few happy pints tonight.
A lot of happy people tonight, including this old fella now living in Romania
Glad you enjoyed the game Gerry, just tell her that Megaimage is open early and late anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.