By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Announcement...Here goes, Hello.

admin

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Evening everyone.

I promised a bit more of an intro when I was happy we were heading in the right direction after the migration and the important things we're covered. So a bit of info about me, what's my plans are and a complete transparency of where we are heading. Where to start....

Lets get the dirty stuff out the way first, then if you loose interest after that we know why :p

I'll come clean straight away ( closes eyes and hopes for the best ),Norwich are not my team....or not my first anyway. Bear with me, I'm hoping migrating this place to a new platform and reasonably looking thus far will have brought me a few browny points ;). I'm a Spurs fan but have been in Norfolk for most of my life ( now 35 ),so Norwich have always been a team I've followed and supported apart from when they are playing Spurs. I normally get to go to watch City more than I do Spurs, couple of times a year if I can get the time. Grew up around Fakenham and Spend much of my late teens in and around Norwich. Early 20's saw me move outside King's Lynn which is where I am to this day.

I know what you're thinking......so why has this Spurs supporter taken over our little community ?

I'm a football fan, serial forum owner and without blowing my own horn I'd like to think I know my stuff.....did I mention I was local too :). I also maintain and market business websites and forums for a living so this kind of latches on to my main interests, so when Ryan approached me out of the blue on another forum I frequent, said he knew abit about me (freaky stalker ;) ) and asked if would I be interested in taking this place on, saying he couldnt do it anymore and it would save it from being closed......how could I resist.

My plans going forward.

Nothing spectacular, It's a forum and it's going to take time to become an active one so this won't be a quick fix. What I will be offering is security and stablity. I will be improving/tweaking the design a little, maybe rearranging some sections ( with everyones feedback first ) and mainly focusing on marketing in all forms. Trying to encourage people to sign up and join in. I can assure you that the forum will not close under my control, the electricity bills won't lapse on the servers and the domains are shortly going to be renewed for the next 3 - 5 years so the place is stable.

My intentions, Probably hard to believe, but I have none as such I just love doing what I do...sad heh. ( The missus talks alot so I need excuses not to watch TV or to work as much as possible :D ). I will be transparent in the fact I do plan on having the odd advert in place ( most likely google ads or local company advertising ),but it will not be in your faces and of course you are all welcome to use Ad-blockers, there will be no irritating pop ups asking you to remove the ad-blocker etc etc etc.

My style of administration/moderation

I like to keep things as pleasant as possible, child friendly? hmm ......lets call it "respectful as we can be for discussing football while being passionate". I'm fair but firm, I'm a bit old fashioned so I'm not one of these easily offended types, if you fancy a good old moan, my door is always open but if your being a plonker expect me to tell you. Most of all, I like to make decisions and handle suggestions on the community based on community feedback, so members do have a say, they will be noted and then ill do what myself and the moderators want :) Jokes. Everyone's feedback will be valued and taken on board.

I apologise now for poor spelling and grammar, especially when I'm rushing to reply. I'm dyslectic ( apparently, or lazy so my old teachers said ) so although I can write, doing it properly takes me longer than most :) I know this can frustrate some people.

I don't expect everyone to agree or like me being here not being a native Canary, but for those that do and are willing to trust me to take this place forward I welcome to you all to help and stay as active as you can.........a forum is only as good as its active members and I've already seen some good lads posting here.

Hopefully @morty will be so kind to stick around as a moderator too. From the brief chat we've had I know we'll get on fine.

Any question or concerns, feel free to post them below here or start a private conversation with me.

Regards

Adam

morty

morty

Staff member
Oh I'll be sticking around!

This has been a great forum, and even in its old guise, technically and aesthetically streets ahead of any of our "competitors" (Not 606, The pinkum, Wraith of the Barclay) but has always suffered from lack of numbers. People tend to be creatures of habit and whilst we gained a few from other forums most would rather just stick where they are, its like when Bing came out after we had already all being using Google to search for things, why change? Footfall is generally down on forums everywhere due to people preferring the more instant hit of Twitter.

I see you have already resurrected the Facebook and Twitter accounts, hopefully we can get a few more folk in!

And I think most will admit a soft spot for Spurs, being easy on the eye ;)

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

so when Ryan approached me out of the blue on another forum I frequent, said he knew abit about me (freaky stalker ;) )

You call it stalking, I call it diligence... we'll settle somewhere in between.

We haven't got any reason to dislike Spurs, had some cracking players from you lot over the years including the great Ian Crook - possibly the best player from his generation to not get an England cap.

Go into hiding for a few weeks if you sign Maddison though :p

OldRobert

OldRobert

As long as the discussion stays and the bickering etc. of elsewhere stays away then I'm all for this board which is why I joined in the first place. As the expression goes, I like 'the tone' of the place.:D

OldRobert

OldRobert

One suggestion for Admin................I did like the 'next unread thread' link available under previous ownership. Don't know if this could be incorporated again. Saves a lot of trailing through threads.

morty

morty

Staff member
One suggestion for Admin................I did like the 'next unread thread' link available under previous ownership. Don't know if this could be incorporated again. Saves a lot of trailing through threads.
If you click on the "Whats new" tab top left Bob, it lists all the new posts and threads posted in.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

“respectful as we can be for discussing football while being passionate"

I like that, doesn’t happen on all forums ;)

morty

morty

Staff member
“respectful as we can be for discussing football while being passionate"

I like that, doesn’t happen on all forums ;)
I like to think it has pretty much always been the case here. In all the time we have been "open" one person was banned for being abusive, and Waveney was banned for being Waveney. A few people were gently put in their place, and chose to go and post somewhere else. Not a bad record really :cool:

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

And that abusive chap was only banned for 5 days I think, about one day for each time he called me a C word :D

G

gerryinromania

Thanks for intro.Good luck in the future for you and for us lot anawl. I agree with ORs comments @ 4