Wiz
New Member
Totally agree Indy.I'd almost fully agree with this, although I would have liked another good quality striker rather than the unproven gamble that Mbokani represents, but the missing CB when we clearly need one is almost unreal.
Totally agree Indy.I'd almost fully agree with this, although I would have liked another good quality striker rather than the unproven gamble that Mbokani represents, but the missing CB when we clearly need one is almost unreal.
Yeah, he did say that, and as much as I loved Bradley, that surprised even me.Just going back to Bradley's depature and apologies if someone mentioned this a few days back but...
Weren't we apparently told by McNally that after we got relegated we got more enquiries for Johnson from Prem teams than any other player?
I think that's a bit harsh, he had a few games last season where he was spraying balls all over the place - hence the nickname 'Norfolk Pirlo', and scored a few goals last season which if in this division would have been lauded as "worldies" on MOTD.Basically...Hoolahan, Howson, Dorrans, Brady, Redmond and Jarvis all have a touch (or more) of finesse to their game.
Johnson is crash, bang, wallop.
In terms of attitude on the pitch I think Mulumbu will be the one to step up and replace Bradders. Really do hope he's back sooner rather than later, we'll need him on form during that November-December run in.And there will probably be games this season where we'll look back and miss having a bit of a hard man, although hopefully not too many, the game has moved on somewhat.
Agree. Makes you wonder whether (with this singing) shipping out BJ was a formal plan rather than opportunism? Surely Mulumbu must be close to coming back?In terms of attitude on the pitch I think Mulumbu will be the one to step up and replace Bradders. Really do hope he's back sooner rather than later, we'll need him on form during that November-December run in.
Yeah, he played some decent passes but most can when they're given time and space. But that's not the kind of stuff I'm talking about.I think that's a bit harsh, he had a few games last season where he was spraying balls all over the place - hence the nickname 'Norfolk Pirlo', and scored a few goals last season which if in this division would have been lauded as "worldies" on MOTD.
He is just too slow for this league in the role(s) that he would have been required to play, Alex Neil pretty much said it himself, just not quick enough to play down the left in this league and that's why he brought in Jarvis.
And there will probably be games this season where we'll look back and miss having a bit of a hard man, although hopefully not too many, the game has moved on somewhat.
Lack of pace was probably his downfall. He'll be a great asset to Derby County though, clearly a top Championship player.
Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.