By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Must See Cinema 2014

BarclayBoy88

BarclayBoy88

Whenever I see a new film coming out, I always make the decision whether it's a cinema film, or a wait until you can watch it at home film.

For example, Godzilla for me was a cinema film, and I thought it was excellent and a film that you'd need to see in the cinema to fully appreciate it. 

However 22 Jump Street was a film I'd wait for to watch at home. I liked 21 Jump Street and will probably enjoy 22, but just wasn't worth going to the cinema to watch IMO. 

So to that end, which films are coming up that you'll definitely be going to the cinema to watch? 

Personally I'm planning to watch Guardians of the Galaxy at some point in the cinema (Probably a Wednesday for 241) and I'm interested in the new Denzel Washington film coming out soon, The Equalizer. 

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For is also a film I'll make an effort to watch at the cinema. 

splutcho

splutcho

I haven't been to the cinema for a good long while and won't be breaking that for Guardians of the Galaxy. Superhero films are nearly always totally over rated at the time, then in about a year everyone goes "well it was ok".

skijumptoes

skijumptoes

haha, this reminds me of a friendly argument i had with a mate regarding Alpha Papa not being 'cinema' - It's very hard to define what is and what isn't.. He advised me to watch Buffalo '66.  And i must admit, if i knew how good it was at the time i would have loved to have seen that on a big screen.

Paul Handscombe

Paul Handscombe

Saw Planet of the apes and how to train your dragon 2 (ah the joys of having young kids  :p  )

Will defiantly see the last Hobbit film as me and the boy have seen the other 2 as well.

BarclayBoy88

BarclayBoy88

haha, this reminds me of a friendly argument i had with a mate regarding Alpha Papa not being 'cinema' - It's very hard to define what is and what isn't.. He advised me to watch Buffalo '66.  And i must admit, if i knew how good it was at the time i would have loved to have seen that on a big screen.
Ha, I have that argument with a good pal of mine at least once a month. I think it's all personal, at the end I think it depends how much you want to see a film as to whether it is a cinema one or not. Although I do think epic visual films like Godzilla are far superior at the cinema than they are watching on your TV or tablet at home. 

yellowarmy

yellowarmy

The Inbetweeners 2, loved the series and first film but will prob wait for the blue-ray release

BarclayBoy88

BarclayBoy88

The Inbetweeners 2, loved the series and first film but will prob wait for the blue-ray release
I'm still debating whether to go and see it......or wait. Although from what I've heard, it's better than the first one, which I loved. 

yellowarmy

yellowarmy

I'm still debating whether to go and see it......or wait. Although from what I've heard, it's better than the first one, which I loved.
Yeah a friend of mine just got back from watching it and he said it is much better than the first one

yellowarmy

yellowarmy

:rolleyes:  Yeah i know, i'm just a lazy f**ker. Besides it will be available to buy in about 6 months, i've been waiting longer than that to see Norwich play any exciting football :)