By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

New laws next season

dj161

dj161

Handball goals ruled out whether you meant it or not, seems like a good idea as it will take all the controversy out of whether it's a goal or not and will give a straight decision, still would seem a little harsh if the ball just hits you on the forearm goes in and doesn't count as its no different to the ball just hitting you in the chest and going in

Players being subbed can now leave the field from the closest point, Hallelujah, though I agree we ourselves do take our sweet time leaving the pitch when getting a positive result we are most certainly not the only ones and definitely not the worst culprits for this, surely an easier solution for this would of just been that the ref stops his watch completely during a substitution rather than just allowing the 30 second period, then time-wasting isn't an issue in this situation at all

No attacking players in the wall, not sure how I feel about this one, I understand its being done to stop teams disrupting the defenses wall and giving yourselves an advantage, but at the same time, you've been given the free-kick for being fouled, it's meant to be your advantage anyway

Coaches will receive cards, I can't imagine there will be to many off these given out, Lambert might well be on the receiving end of more than one though

E

EL PUKI

No attacking players in the wall, not sure how I feel about this one, I understand its being done to stop teams disrupting the defenses wall and giving yourselves an advantage, but at the same time, you've been given the free-kick for being fouled, it's meant to be your advantage anyway.

I think its good that this will stop it. Its like rugby in some games and you get booked for defending your position in the wall. Not long ago I played a game where an open fist fight wasnt too far because of this :D

All in all they sound like good changes.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

The penalty one is a bit strange to me, what happens if the keeper saves it and the ball is still in play ?
We’re not going to see anything like this again either

dj161

dj161

yeah the penalty one is a bit odd, but basically you get one chance at scoring, forward vs keeper with no other players involved, no players surrounding the edge of the box, no rebounds, its either a goal or a miss which leads to a goal kick, I guess it's to stop teams getting a second free chance at a goal as only one foul was committed, as far as we're concerned we might as well just give them the goal kick as we sure as hell can't score any pens

edit - though I have just read that the new penalty rule isn't happening, so its all irrelevant really

Last edited: