By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Arsenal (Home) Boxing day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
This throws up all sorts of issues. So if we play tomorrow, then away to Palace on Tuesday, assuming the game is on, we are at a serious disadvantage, as Palace will have played their last game on 15th December.

morty

morty

Staff member
Kinda makes me feel that there is some tactical work at play here. If Smith had been a bit smarter about things, he could have got the Villa game called off.

OldRobert

OldRobert

I firmly believe that they don't want us in their little league and will do anything to make it as difficult as possible for us. Personally I've had enough of the PL. We don't have much hope of staying in it without a complete restructure of the club, which ain't going to happen, so relegation to me would be a relief frankly.

G

gerryinromania

not very good are they?Doesn't say very much for Cantwell that he can't get in this side

G

gerryinromania

why not lose with our own players, instead of squandering big pennies on other teams mediocracies? Not the slighest bit impressed by them

OldRobert

OldRobert

That's it for me in the PL. We neither have the players, the will or the finance. Tired of having a disappointing weekend every damn week.

G

gerryinromania

If you had big pennies, and this club was yours, would you keep any of that lot playing today?

Din

Din

I have to admit, after the Villa game I was furious, absolutely fuming with our performance. After today though I don't even feel angry. Don't get me wrong we were completely awful, but to me we looked like a team that had just begun our pre-season, and as a group were woefully off the pace. Even players like Sargent and Pukki who we know will run all day long and press lost causes, didn't seem to have any intensity about them at all. It was, after all, only a week ago we only had 8 players in training. In contrast Arsenal are a team that have had practically none of those issues, and have been able to keep continuity with pretty much the same team each week, while we've been forced to chop and change every week. I'm not trying to make excuses because today was crap and we didn't even do the basics right, but I do feel you can't really just disregard the mitigating circumstances. I'm actually quite surprised by all the uproar on twitter, today was abject but for me it was clear to see a lot of players weren't in the right shape.

Like I said though, you still need to do the basics right. When you're one on one with Saka, don't let him cut onto his left foot. You could see for both his goals from an absolute mille away what he was gonna do, but Williams, particularly for the 2nd goal, let's him do it so easily. I don't know if Giannoulis was still struggling from the illness that kept out of the Villa game, but I'd get him straight back in for Williams when we can. It feels as well that without Normann no-one in our midfield is prepared to take responsibility and set the tone for us. Another shocking performance from Gilmour today and McLean wasn't any better. I don't really know why Sorenson was dropped as he's probably been our best player last couple of games, but I'd definitely get him back in. All 5 goals in general were really poor ones to concede.

In all honesty I hope our games against Palace and Leicester get called off. Both of them are having Covid issues and it's clear after today we won't be able to go again in a couple of days time. I feel like we could really just use a regroup, and then we can go against after the cup game.

OldRobert

OldRobert

If you had big pennies, and this club was yours, would you keep any of that lot playing today?
I wouldn't be stupid enough to invest in football, let alone be dictated to by a bunch of dollops who run the EPL. The word Premier is a laugh for a start. We will have covid around for the forseeable. Who in their right mind would want to sit there all week, wondering who of the halfwits have got themselves vaccinated or not, have the opposition been out on the town, so will the team play or not, or will the whole bloody lot be shut down. That's without VAR (Virus And Referees).

morty

morty

Staff member
Having slept on this I am coming to the conclusion that either everyone had Covid, or was still recovering from it, the energy levels were non existent. We really could do with a call off, against Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.