By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Aston Villa (away) Boxing day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Benching myself for this one, not overly a fan of going there and I have eating and drinking, to excess, to be getting on with.

Must win just does not even begin to cover this if we want to start making any progress. Watford winning the other day was a huge blow, I was counting on them remaining awful.

I think we can get something at Villa, but we really need to start taking our chances, I am resigned to the fact that we will concede goals!

OldRobert

OldRobert

Benching myself for this one, not overly a fan of going there and I have eating and drinking, to excess, to be getting on with.

Must win just does not even begin to cover this if we want to start making any progress. Watford winning the other day was a huge blow, I was counting on them remaining awful.

I think we can get something at Villa, but we really need to start taking our chances, I am resigned to the fact that we will concede goals!

Good to see that as you are home for Christmas (isn't there a song about that?!) you have got your priorities right. The bench is the right place for someone who is intending to eat and drink to excess! Here's hoping we can concede less than the norm.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Villa fans aren’t feeling very positive

Din

Din

Yup, 100% a must-win, and to be fair I do feel like this is the sort of game we will get a result. Villa missing McGinn and Mings, and the fans will properly get on their back if they get off to a slow start, just like the Everton game. With that in mind it's crucial that we don't concede an early goal.

Missing this one again due to work, but typically I'm on shift with a Villa fan, and once my shift his finished and I go home to my Villa supporting housemate. I managed to escape too much ridicule for the 5-1 seeing as we lifted the title at Villa Park a few months earlier, but there's no way I'll live it down if they do a double over us. So please for the love of God let's get a win :D

morty

morty

Staff member
Off topic, but a few yellow cards for Spurs today means they have three unavailable for Saturday!

dj161

dj161

Off topic, but a few yellow cards for Spurs today means they have three unavailable for Saturday!
I would imagine that with the games only being a couple of days apart they'd be planning on making a few changes anyway, so not sure it'll make too much difference, in fact it's the sort of thing that makes you ask if they got booked on purpose as they knew they'd sit out the Norwich game

dj161

dj161

an hour gone, how are we not ahead, been dominating for pretty much the whole match, getting a real sense of Wolves deja-vu here

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I have 6 championship grounds to tick off, I think I’ll start planning now :)

OldRobert

OldRobert

First we get no subs, then we get them so late to make no bloody difference, then like buses they all come at once. I fear DF has lost it. Looked to me as though Hanley might be injured again, there was some stretching going on in the last 10 mins or so, a bit of grimacing and holding his back on RHS. Somebody answer why arguably our best player (Buendia) was subbed.

morty

morty

Staff member
Buendia was starting to wane a bit, and the game was ripe for change, and fresh legs. Too little too late though.

As a different scapegoat angle I am calling out Mayor Mclean. He huffs and puffs and looks busy but really doesn't seem to be actually contributing much. He grafts, but drops deep too much, which he really doesn't need to be doing when we are playing two DM's. I want to see changes in midfield next game, and I am looking at you Mr Vrancic.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I don’t personally know why everyone gets so obsessed about the timing of the subs. It comes across as people just want to find something to blame for the loss. Would it really have made that much difference today ?

morty

morty

Staff member
I don’t personally know why everyone gets so obsessed about the timing of the subs. It comes across as people just want to find something to blame for the loss. Would it really have made that much difference today ?
Can you remember a game, where making 3 subs all at once has helped? Do you think we looked more attacking after the subs? Making 3 subs at once completely disrupts the rhythm of the team.

Onel on for Todd who was clearly tiring about 65-70. If Pukki is feeling his toe, then bring Srbeny on. I agree with Vrancic, but I would have taken Mclean off and left Emi on.

N

Number 9

Yes

N

Number 9

I'm still not having Byram as LB!
Put it out a couple of times but he offers nothing past the halfway line and he can't touch the ball with his left foot.
Not sure what Farke is trying to prove, it could set Lewis back and it doesn't help the team.

G

gerryinromania

Seems we are in the mire. Maybe we should get rid of a few of the non players, That loan winger, expensive midfielder that played a couple of times in defence. expensive non playing keeper, the German sick note. Pukki needs a kick up the arris,getting a bit fed up with his misses, tripping over his own feet, maybe he is getting complacent, no competition, as Drmic is another sick note. Sorry guys but it make me feel a bit p'ed off watching us play well, but still roll over

Status
Not open for further replies.