By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Brentford ( home) Wednesday 3rd March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Todd rated doubtful, but could Farke be kidding us on? I didn't see the last game but some suggesting Onel maybe didn't stamp his mark on the game?
Seems like the rest of the team pretty much picks itself. Good to see Idah get a goal, I'd love a home grown striker success story!

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I expect Todd to play and I agree on Onel, he was very much in and out of the game and didn’t do enough for me. The other matches-

Stoke v Swansea
Watford v Wycombe

Win and we really don’t have to worry about the teams below, I’d take a point right now

OldRobert

OldRobert

Can't see either Onel nor Placheta for the PL if we go up. If Pukki stays fit we don't need to start either atm. they don't contribute a lot.

G

GJP

Can't see either Onel nor Placheta for the PL if we go up. If Pukki stays fit we don't need to start either atm. they don't contribute a lot.
I think it's hard to call with Placheta. He might be one of those players where almost overnight it falls into place. He's got the work rate, which is a big thing. You see some younger attacking players with a bit of pace and trickery and they sort of coast rather than really putting it in, lacking the hunger to really go up a level. Placheta puts it in.
Hernandez is what he is. Gets caught offside more than he should but he's pretty good at protecting the ball and putting defenders on the back foot.

OldRobert

OldRobert

I don't think either will work in the PL, if we go up of course. Apart from anything else, there's no end product.

N

Number 9

I think it's hard to call with Placheta. He might be one of those players where almost overnight it falls into place. He's got the work rate, which is a big thing. You see some younger attacking players with a bit of pace and trickery and they sort of coast rather than really putting it in, lacking the hunger to really go up a level. Placheta puts it in.
Hernandez is what he is. Gets caught offside more than he should but he's pretty good at protecting the ball and putting defenders on the back foot.
Placheta is got promise, which is why we signed him. He's struggling to get up to our level playing in the Championship, difficult to see him in the Premier League.

dj161

dj161

that'll do me, nervy ending but a well earned three points, this is how the table looks with the Watford game currently being played

Capture.PNG

G

gerryinromania

Bootiful Budgies beat badly bottling, Billy Big Bollocks brilliant bees:D. Well done the boys in yella, didn't look too difficult and they all played their parts nonstop. Brandy bottle being binned:D

hogesar

hogesar

Kenny was outstanding, good with and without the ball. To think that some would say he isn’t worth his place and doesn’t contribute to the team :rolleyes:
He was fantastic. Defensively him and Hanley absolute dominant.

That there's posters (including one on here) who told me he's not good enough for the championship speaks volumes about how much people who watch football actually watch football.

Din

Din

What an absolutely f*cking massive performance, and a huge, huge 3 points! Should've have won by 2 or 3 with the chances we had, but it was a colossal defensive performance. Hanley, Gibson, McLean and Skipp all put in 10 out of 10 performances, and Emi Buendia is quite simply the best player I've ever seen in a Norwich shirt. What a win.

It wasn't always the most fluid but it always felt like from the second we went 1-0 up we were in control and confident in our ability to dictate the game, as well as able to be a real threat on the counter. As I said we should've had more than 1, Pukki the main culprit, missing a fantastic chance to double the lead, but you can't really fault his work rate and the superb runs. Aarons was also solid at right-back and Giannoulis, while taking a little while to get up to speed, was very good as well. Ivan Toney didn't get a sniff all game, and I'm sure will be a doubt for the next game as it's going to take a while to find him, he's so deep in Hanley's pocket (or Gibson's, take your pick!)

10 points clear of 2nd, 13 clear of Swansea in 4th (who have just gone 1-0 down to Stoke as I've been typing :D). I thought coming into this one that a draw would be a good result, so to get the win is just f*cking amazing. So proud of that performance, hard to see who's gonna stop us now.

N

Number 9

He was fantastic. Defensively him and Hanley absolute dominant.

That there's posters (including one on here) who told me he's not good enough for the championship speaks volumes about how much people who watch football actually watch football.
You are funny but you allow your emotions to take control and logic goes out the window sometimes.

N

Number 9

Kenny was outstanding, good with and without the ball. To think that some would say he isn’t worth his place and doesn’t contribute to the team :rolleyes:
I would happily say that was the best I've seen McLean play.
I thought Gibson & Hanley were particularly good, the headers attacking the crosses and long throws, were spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.