By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Bristol City (away) Saturday 31st October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dj161

dj161

I think thats the best we've played all season, up to second (temporarily at least),things are certainly going in the right direction

form guide looks excellent right now

Capture.PNG

morty

morty

Staff member
Really, really enjoyed that. It felt like things really clicked today, one of those days where no player plays badly. Placheta caught my eye, Buendia was unplayable at times, Stieperman rediscovered his physic link with Pukki, and Krul kept us in the game, yet again. How the hell did we manage to keep him this season?

Special mention to Lucas Rupp. I was a huge fan of Gary Holt, back in the day, I love a player that keeps the engine room ticking, and puts in the hard yards, and the lad Rupp is really doing that.

G

gerryinromania

Very good game of football to watch. Pukki seems to have shined and sharpened his carpet slippers. Buendia giving it good
today. Rupp. Steipermaan, Placheta impressed, Aarons and Sorensen also good. Nahki Wells and Cris Martin still dangerous, Well done the chaps on a superb away victory.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Excellent victory. Can't add to all your comments above.

There's been a few comments about Emi's goal celebration, in that it was a bit weird, people looking for explanation. Any comments?

morty

morty

Staff member
Excellent victory. Can't add to all your comments above.

There's been a few comments about Emi's goal celebration, in that it was a bit weird, people looking for explanation. Any comments?
Not sure what you mean? The heart thing with his hands?

N

Number 9

Loads of players do it, I wouldn't see it as particularly unusual.
I didn't see it, but Goreham and whoever it was made quite a thing about it on the radio commentary.
Because no fans in the house, they were wondering why

morty

morty

Staff member
I didn't see it, but Goreham and whoever it was made quite a thing about it on the radio commentary.
Because no fans in the house, they were wondering why
The Sky cameras were there. He had just scored a great goal, I mean if you really wanted to stretch it he was saying" I am desperate to play in the Premier league, this is my name on my shirt, please call my agent for further details".

Which is basically every single player in our team, everyone is for sale, if the price is right. I don't understand why Goreham was so puzzled!

N

Number 9

The Sky cameras were there. He had just scored a great goal, I mean if you really wanted to stretch it he was saying" I am desperate to play in the Premier league, this is my name on my shirt, please call my agent for further details".

Which is basically every single player in our team, everyone is for sale, if the price is right. I don't understand why Goreham was so puzzled!
I think they would have been happy if Emi had a crowd there to gesture to but couldn't understand why he did it without any crowd.
You know what Radio Norfolk is like, nfn.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Yeah, it was the heart thingy, showing, I presume his name, to the non-existant crowd/cameras and not looking overly pleased at scoring a bloody good goal, so Im not surprised that some thought it worth comment.

hogesar

hogesar

Another Good performance with further improvements. Should keep the Farke Out brigade quiet for a little bit. Players and coaches proving a certain section of our fanbase to be wrong for the second time in a row and fickle to match, as it stands.

N

Number 9

Another Good performance with further improvements. Should keep the Farke Out brigade quiet for a little bit. Players and coaches proving a certain section of our fanbase to be wrong for the second time in a row and fickle to match, as it stands.
We already knew how to keep possession and score goals. Yes, it's easier against teams like Bristol who didn't park the bus in the way some of our opponents have done this season.
But has Farke really learnt anything from the past few seasons? We've been fortunate that the gilt edged chances we've afforded, even the weakest teams that we played, have been spurned.
Even playing against ten men, we've been so easy to slice through, were it not for incredibly poor finishing and penalty taking, it would be a different story.

This seems like a rerun of where we were two seasons ago, our game management is atrocious.

It's fantastic to see Pukki scoring again and looking happy, but what's the point of having so much possession if we can't learn to see out a game we're winning?
How is this approach going to help us in the Premier League again?

N

Number 9

Bali Mumba, surprisingly good, has to be the best of the incoming players?
I personally have been impressed by the little I've seen of him

hogesar

hogesar

We already knew how to keep possession and score goals. Yes, it's easier against teams like Bristol who didn't park the bus in the way some of our opponents have done this season.
But has Farke really learnt anything from the past few seasons? We've been fortunate that the gilt edged chances we've afforded, even the weakest teams that we played, have been spurned.
Even playing against ten men, we've been so easy to slice through, were it not for incredibly poor finishing and penalty taking, it would be a different story.

This seems like a rerun of where we were two seasons ago, our game management is atrocious.

It's fantastic to see Pukki scoring again and looking happy, but what's the point of having so much possession if we can't learn to see out a game we're winning?
How is this approach going to help us in the Premier League again?

Farke didn't have anything to learn for the championship. He undoubtedly proved all the naysayers two years ago to be so, so wrong im surprised they've had the arrogance to give it another go this season.

What he did need is more tools to work with so we can change if we need to. We've already seen this season we have a more physical striker and the amount of crosses into the box when Hugill is on the pitch has been higher than any of our prem games when that option didn't exist.

We've added more pace and Placheta has been able to get in behind even packed defences.

We've averaged conceding less than 1 goal a game and for every 'chance' you tell me the opposition had, I can probably come back at you with two or three we had.

In the championship every team will always have a few chances against you. Watch most Leeds or West Brom matches from last season, its no different.

You have some ideological view where unless we are winning 3-0 every game its not good enough. The reality I think, is Farke is proving you wrong and rather than accept it there's a bit reluctance to give credit for turning around an awful relegation hangover so quickly and keeping players on board. Recruitment has been good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.