By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Burnley (away) Saturday 2nd October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
We're winning this.
Untitled.jpg

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Getting hard work now isn’t it ? Fully expect another defeat unfortunately

N

Number 9

Getting hard work now isn’t it ? Fully expect another defeat unfortunately
Burnley haven't been at their 'best' but I can't see past a home win.

Psychologically Farke considers us as better than Burnley type teams, it's a weakness.

morty

morty

Staff member
Come on Morty, there has not been much evidence so far of anything different has there? LDC I am not. :rolleyes:
There has been improvement, we have bought good players, Farke just needs time with them. Whilst I am not on LDC ridiculous levels, I don't buy into some of the relentless doom. People need to adjust their levels for this league, and not get carried away if we win a few, and put the bottle of pills down if we lose a few. There is a middle ground where you accept that this league is the best in the world, and we are going to struggle, without calling for the managers head when he was lifting a trophy for us 7 games ago.

We are 3 points from safety. And remember, we don't need to outrun the bear, just three of our fellow campers ;)

OldRobert

OldRobert

Most people would be more than happy if we did win a few, there can't be too much confidence in that dressing room atm, no matter what DF says.

morty

morty

Staff member
I haven't seen underconfidence, have you?

I have seen individual mistakes from players, a lot completely new to this league and level.

N

Number 9

I haven't seen underconfidence, have you?

I have seen individual mistakes from players, a lot completely new to this league and level.
No, the individual errors surely were the same errors we have been seeing in previous years.
Difference being that Premier League teams punish those mistakes far more severely than Championship teams.
ie. Full backs getting caught up the pitch, leaving us susceptible on the wings.
Giving the ball away in midfield.
Trying to play around the press and getting caught.
Abysmal set pieces at either end.

morty

morty

Staff member
So you're saying the players we can afford to buy, are too good for the Championship, but not quite good enough for the Premier league.

Revolutionary stuff.

;)

N

Number 9

So you're saying the management and coaching team, are too good for the Championship, but not quite good enough for the Premier league.

Revolutionary stuff.

;)
Seems so

OldRobert

OldRobert

No I don't. DF isn't showing that he has learnt anything from our last foray into the PL. That implies either, that he doesn't feel that there were any lessons to be learnt, or, he is putting into action what he considers to be a different way forward than the one we followed two years ago. The result is what we have all seen over the last few weeks. That suggests to me that the PL is a step too far for DF. As the old adage goes the table doesn't lie.

morty

morty

Staff member
Daniel Farke's pre-Burnley presser is under way... #NCFC "We are calm and focused. We are all not happy we are bottom of the league with no points - but we also know about the reasons." Familiar territory as DF recaps the difficult start to the season, pre-season probs etc.

Are you too easy to play against? #ncfc DF: 'When you are bottom with no points you can't win a discussion. You have to accept the criticism. Last season we are praised for nearly 12 months.'

Inevitably, there are a lot of similar lines to previous weeks, in the current situation. DF points out that there was much praise after first 6 games of 2019-20 before things went wrong #NCFC "Everyone was buzzing & praising us, even predicting we could finish in the top half."

Gilmour (foot) late fitness test. Missed training weds. Zimbo still out. Cantwell still not available. Both back other side of the intl break. Placheta back in team training but too soon this weekend. Byram, also taken part in some bits of training this week.

Farke on the Burnley challenge... #NCFC "Everyone knows how tough it is against a Sean Dyche side, who will be fired up, an important home game for them."

Status
Not open for further replies.