By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Cardiff City(Home) Saturday 19th December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
The games keep coming! Thankfully no midweek game coming up so the players will get a bit of a break. The superlatives keep flowing, the stats are ridiculous, but you do wonder, especially just now, will the next game be a game too far?

That said, 2-1 to the Nodge.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Bit nervous about this one although I think I said that last time :) Prepare for lots of balls into the box, I’d be telling our players to make sure they don’t give away needless free kicks and corners.

Din

Din

Lukas Rupp will be in the squad tomorrow, with Quintilla back in training from Tuesday, so will hopefully be back in the squad for Watford. Dowell obviously doing well but not fit enough to start yet.

Tim Krul though still not back. Farke’s hopeful he will be for Boxing Day.

Genuinely gutted about that. Cardiff have scored more goals from set-pieces than any other side in the league, so this really would’ve been an ideal game for Krul to come back in. It’s hard to imagine they won’t cause us real problems every time a ball goes into our box, seeing as how poor McGovern is at dealing with them. Obviously it’s important we don’t rush Krul back, but I think we could really feel his absence tomorrow more than any game so far.

Din

Din

A poor performance against Swansea aside, Cardiff have been on a brilliant run recently. Won 5 out of their last 6 games, and as I said above score so many goals from set-pieces. I certainly think we’re capable of beating them but the key is how well we do deal with balls into our box. One positive is that Keiffer Moore is ruled out, who’s a top striker at this level, but even so it’s gonna be a tough game. A point here after back to back away wins wouldn’t be a bad result, but as I said we’re definitely capable of getting all 3.

Team I’d go for:

McGovern
Aarons Zimbo Hanley Sorenson
Skipp McLean
Buendia Stiepermann Cantwell
Pukki

Subs: Barden, Tettey, Rupp, Vrancic, Dowell, Martin, Hugill, Omobamidele, Omotoye​

I think now that Cantwell seems to be fit enough to start it’s a no-brainer to bring him back in. Martin had a bit of a stinker on Wednesday so to bring Todd in for him seems like a natural change. Stepi didn’t play brilliantly either against Reading but I probably would keep him in for now as I really like that front 4 and is more of a natural number 10 than Vrancic is. Speaking of Mario, I debated bringing him back into holding midfield but I think McLean deserves to keep his place after a good performance (not that I have any say tbf :D). Plus Cardiff will probably be quite physical which suits Kenny more than Vrancic. It feels very nice though that we have multiple choices to make for a team selection, feels like so long ago since we haven’t had to just roll out whichever 11 players were fit enough!

The fact it’s the early kick-off, live on Sky is making me a bit nervous if I’m honest. As I said in the post above I’m really worried about McGovern’s lack of ability to deal with anything that comes in our box, but ultimately we are the team to beat in this league, so hopefully we can show those title-winning credentials again here.

G

gerryinromania

Sky tells me that the goal videos, posted above, are not avaikable in this country. Well mr sky, I couldn't care less, as some kind person will post the high lights on here later. yaah booo hisss

morty

morty

Staff member
Pffft, got my score prediction wrong.

I hope no Premier league managers were watching today...

N

Number 9

The Cardiff defence gave Emi & Todd plenty of social distance, they both took their time and hit the target.

Din

Din

What a performance, maybe even the best of the season. Buendia and Cantwell, particularly Emi, just wow. Almost a shame they performed so well in front of the Sky cameras. Hard to imagine any team in the league being able to stop those two when they're playing like they did today, and that was with a Teemu Pukki who very much looked like a man who had been up all night. If only his wife could've waited 24 hours then we would've got 5 or 6 today!

So pleased with how we're performing, and with other results going the way they did it really is ours to lose now.

Credit to McGovern as well. I've criticised him a lot since he's been in the side, but he was superb today and made yet another top save at a crucial point in the game. Delighted for him that he got a deserved clean sheet.

G

gerryinromania

Thanks dj161, good goals, well worth waiting for

Status
Not open for further replies.