By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Cardiff in some cup thing we really don't care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Presser news, sounds like Farke will be making lots of changes, mentions "load" on Lewis, Klose, Pinto, Pukki and Hanley, so assuming they won't feature. Name checks Zimmerman, Godfrey and Cantwell so would expect those to feature. Confirms McGovern will start, says Krul admits he has had a rusty start and needs to be more consistent.

N

Number 9

I honestly can't remember caring less about a game!
So how many are we going to win by?
Cardiff struggling in the league, there's always the possibility they'll throw the cup game away.

Din

Din

Yeah what an inconvenient game, other side of the country, a few days before the derby. Rest everyone who we're planning on starting on Sunday. Good opportunity for those who haven't been playing too. Wouldn't be against throwing a few youth players; Idah, Spyrou, Power etc on the bench.

McGovern
Passlack Godfrey Zimmermann Aarons
Thompson Stiepermann
Leitner Buendia Cantwell
Srbeny​

Would put Leitner in purely because I personally wouldn't start him on Sunday. I imagine Farke could well do though so wouldn't surprise me if Marshall plays instead. Will be good to see Buendia start.

Genuinely don't really overly care about the result at the moment. A win would be nice but as long as we don't get embarrassed I won't be too bothered I have to say.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

How do you get into the position where you have 3 people who can play right back but have to play a centre midfielder at centre back when you rest you first choice pair :rolleyes:

He'll probably play Russell Martin, if he does it could get embarrassing.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Rumour is Russ Martin will be picking the team if Farke doesn’t sort things out soon :eek:

Din

Din

To be fair I did genuinely consider putting Martin in at centre back, that way Godfrey can play next to Thompson, Stiepermann can move up the pitch and we could give Leitner a rest.

Not that my team selection has any baring on Farke's :D

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Rumour is Russ Martin will be picking the team if Farke doesn’t sort things out soon :eek:

Would expect Delia out protests to start if that happens.

Din, lets not risk an injury to Martin.... we've only got 4 days to try and get him out on loan until at least January!

Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

I really have never understood why any competitive match is not taken seriously, the mentality from the club and fans should be that we want to win every game we play, whether its a crucial league match or any cup match regardless of the circumstances. Particularly now as we have players that need games and a club that needs money. Once you start not taking games seriously you start losing and we know that can become a habit !

morty

morty

Staff member
I really have never understood why any competitive match is not taken seriously, the mentality from the club and fans should be that we want to win every game we play, whether its a crucial league match or any cup match regardless of the circumstances. Particularly now as we have players that need games and a club that needs money. Once you start not taking games seriously you start losing and we know that can become a habit !

Absolutely. But winning the derby on Sunday and 3 points to move us further up the league is way more important. If we can do both, then fantastic, but if we have to rest players to make sure we have the best chance of winning on Sunday, then I'm fine with it.

morty

morty

Staff member
Team!

Untitled.jpg

Din

Din

Bit worried that Tettey's playing I have to say, he may have had a mare against Preston but for the derby he has to go down as one of the first names on the team sheet. Is Thompson injured?

Pleased though that as expected he's resting players. Hoping the likes of Passlack, Godfrey, Buendia, Cantwell can give us something to be encouraged about!

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Ignoring the fact that I “ like” her, she’s one the few female reporters that sounds like she knows what she’s talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.