By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Crystal Palace (Home) New Years day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
I would like to see an unchanged lineup, but with the short time between games, not so sure that will happen.

VAR nonsense aside I thought we played pretty well last time out. And, yet again, this is a game we really should be looking to get something from.

morty

morty

Staff member
Oh and just checked, as wasn't sure, but it's a half 5 kick off again!

OldRobert

OldRobert

Underlines what you said about the fans being unimportant. I know Palarse isn't Newcastle, but these weird kickoff times are not exactly convenient I wouldn't have thought.

morty

morty

Staff member
Underlines what you said about the fans being unimportant. I know Palarse isn't Newcastle, but these weird kickoff times are not exactly convenient I wouldn't have thought.
I am not even sure what is behind the timing of the kickoff, there are a fair few at that time? Give fans more time to recover from the night before maybe?

6333.jpg

OldRobert

OldRobert

Mostly tied up with Sky and their televised matches presumably. Worst one I suppose is Manure fans down at Arsenal.

morty

morty

Staff member
I'm feeling a win today. And having a bet on a Todd Cantwell goal.

OldRobert

OldRobert

NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann, Hanley (C),Byram; Tettey, Vrancic, Buendia, McLean, Cantwell; Pukki.
Subs: McGovern (GK),Lewis, Amadou, Trybull, Stiepermann, Hernandez, Idah

PALACE (4-5-1): Guaita; Kelly, Tomkins, Sakho, Riedewald; Meyer, McCarthy, Milivojevic (C),McArthur, Zaha; Ayew.
Subs: Hennessey (GK),Woods, Kouyate, Kirby, Pierrick, Wickham, Daly

REFEREE: Jonathan Moss

VAR: Jarred Gillett

G

gerryinromania

var =corruption. must be so difficult for the players to keep their cool. It's horrible when you can't even cheer at your tv when a goal is scored. It must be awful for the players and fans in the stadium. Very soul destroying. Certainly the life blood is being driven out of football

G

gerryinromania

what on earth happened there? I only pressed post reply once

morty

morty

Staff member
I am home from the match and consoling myself with cider, and an impromptu cheeseboard. I shall address several things after.

morty

morty

Staff member
We played well, really well for most of the first half. We shackled Zaha and very much limited Palace's chances. But we really needed that second goal to give us the cushion we needed, and it never came. We score that second goal and we aren't even talking about VAR. The issue is the bigger one that we aren't quite good enough, and we just don't have the depth to change a game. We are giving it our all and it just isn't quite enough, was glad to see though that Farke has finally realised that Todd really fades about 70 minutes, but I thought he was excellent up until then.

Have seen some moaning about Stiepermann for Pukki, but Pukki was injured (hamstring) and had to come off. Given where we were in the game Farke had the choice to push forward for another goal, or try and shore things up. He chose the latter, the right thing to do, and Stiepi has the physicality to hold the ball up like Pukki, but one of those stick or twist situations where he is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't.

And in the end we just ran out of steam and couldn't stop Zaha any more, wish it hadn't been scum Wickham who scored mind.

Disappointing but kind of sums our season up, just not quite good enough. I don't think the players could have done much more. Oh and I have run out of superlatives for just how good Emi is, some of the stuff he has done the last few games has been ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.