By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Everton (away) Saturday 23rd November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Number 9

Everton have been beaten by Villa and Sheff Utd already this season.
Along came Norwich

Din

Din

Feel like this is a game where we genuinely could get something. Everton have been far from brilliant this season, and at home to bottom of the league there's gonna be a lot of pressure on them to get a result. If we can frustrate them for a while then the fans could easily get on their back which would hopefully play into our hands. To do that though we just cannot afford to gift them an early goal.

Zimmermann being fit is brilliant news. Assuming he's fit enough to start I'd go for:

Krul
Aarons Zimmermann Godfrey Byram
Trybull Amadou Vrancic
Buendia Pukki Hernandez

Subs: Fahrmann, Tettey, McLean, Leitner, Stiepermann, Cantwell, Srbeny
Feel like that midfield would give us a nice balance, and with Zimmermann now fit I'd love to see what Amadou can do in his natural position. Obviously Lewis out injured means Byram will come in.

Am actually quite hopeful that the international break and Zimbo being back will give us a boost. Would not be unhappy with a point at all.

dj161

dj161

Capture.PNG

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Surprised Amadou is on the bench but I guess Tettey/Trybull have played together before. Opportunity for Roberts perhaps

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

0-0 at half time, the longer it stays like this then the unhappier the scousers will be. Let’s hope something goes in off Pukki bum and we can nick this

N

Number 9

Surprised Amadou is on the bench but I guess Tettey/Trybull have played together before. Opportunity for Roberts perhaps
I don't think the defensive midfielder Amadou has played in midfield so far

G

gerryinromania

Well pleased with that, defence defended,their protectors protected and the others took it from there. Must say that I have to take some credit though, I showed the whisky bottle a mixer cola,and warned that I was not prepared to waste good stuff today. Also got niggly with my big screen and watched on the puta. I'm not a chap to be messed about. WEll done the Canaries, each and every one of them, fans too

morty

morty

Staff member
Not long up as on night shift, absolutely amazing result! At the end of the season, when we stay up, we will look back at today and say " Yeah that was the match when the players started believing again".

Heads were noticeably starting to drop, not just the team, but fans too.

Din

Din

Fucking brilliant performance, and a brilliant, well-deserved result too. As I said in my post before the game I thought if we were able to frustrate Everton and the home fans for long enough then we'd definitely have a chance of getting a result, but even so did not expect this or a performance like it. A million times better than how we were playing before the break, and having that 2 weeks off to refresh and regroup as well as a couple of injured players coming back has undoubtedly massively helped us.

Obviously you can't pin this whole 3 points on Zimmermann returning, but you have to wonder where we'd be in the league if we'd had him fit all season. While Godfrey is a superb defender, he's still only 21, whereas Zimbo's just a born leader and his organisation and just general presence at the back has been so badly missed. He is not only a fantastic defender himself but he improves everyone else around him, and Godfrey doesn't have to be constantly looking over his shoulder worrying like he was with Amadou or Tettey. Such a big boost to have him back. Could literally go round the whole team today and say what they all did well, but my personal man of the match was probably Byram, who looked like he'd been playing left back in the Premier League his whole career. Thought Tettey was also immense in the middle, Pukki did his part so well up front and Cantwell well and truly returned to the form we saw him in earlier in the season. Hernandez was a constant threat and caused Sidibe endless problems particularly first half. Kenny McLean also looked very good and as if he had a bit more freedom today. I'd also like to retract the comment after I made after the Watford game, when I said there is no way as a Premier League club we should be bringing on Dennis Srbeny as he was barely good enough for the Championship :D

All in all a great day and hopefully a real platform to build off of for us. Can't get too carried away obviously be if we can find some sort of consistency it's hard to see there being 3 teams that aren't worse than us come the end of the season. Now really looking forward to Arsenal at home next week!

dj161

dj161

but my personal man of the match was probably Byram, who looked like he'd been playing left back in the Premier League his whole career.

speaking of Byram, is it just a coincidence that he's started 3 games for us this season and we've won 2 of them, having that bit more experience in the back line could be crucial to us this season

Din

Din

I meant to say as well, Tim Krul was absolutely brilliant in this game, as he has been for practically this whole season. This wasn't like some of our previous games where he was making world-class save after world-class save, but he literally held onto everything that came his way, and dominated his penalty box. If he drops or spills even one of Everton's shots on our goal then all you need is one of their players in the right place at the right time and suddenly they've scored, but as I said he kept hold of absolutely everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.