By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Everton (away) Saturday 25th September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OldRobert

OldRobert

Rashica? Haven't seen him get a cross or a corner past the first man yet. So far waste of a starting place.

morty

morty

Staff member
Norwich City will be without Christoph Zimmermann, Przemsław Placheta and Todd Cantwell for Saturday’s game at Everton, but could also welcome some players back into the squad.

Zimmermann (knee) and Płacheta (Covid-19) have been out for a few weeks, while Cantwell has missed the whole week’s training due to a personal issue. There also a doubt over Milot Rashica, but good news in terms of the return of Mathias Normann and Josh Sargent who both missed the midweek Carabao Cup defeat to Liverpool

“Christoph Zimmerman will definitely miss due to ankle problem,” said head coach Daniel Farke. “And it is the same with Przemysław Placheta who is out with his covid.

“Todd Cantwell is also out as he has missed the whole week’s training, with a personal problem, and there is a little question mark over Milot Rashica.

“He did not train the last couple of days, but was back in training today so we will have late test on him.

“There is good news in that Mathias Normann, who missed the cup game in midweek, is back in team training and Josh Sargent, who has been doing individual training sessions is back in team training today. We will have to see how his body reacts, but we hope that he will be available for Everton. So, some mixed news I would say.”

morty

morty

Staff member
Even more on Tzolis. #ncfc DF: 'We won't fine him. He will have to take the team for a nice Greek meal when the time is right

Supporters weren't happy after the Watford game, but if you judge this in a levelled way then we won 30 games last season. For 29 games, everyone was in a good mood. We let the supporters down. But after one game they were booing. It was a bit harsh on my young players

OldRobert

OldRobert

Is DF disregarding the first 4 games of the season again. If not I don't understand what the hell he's talking about. If he is, you can't just ignore the fact that you're playing top sides? What did he say, don't worry lads, I don't care if you play like carp and we don't get anything? Fans won't mind, they don't expect anything from these first few games.:oops:

morty

morty

Staff member
Is DF disregarding the first 4 games of the season again. If not I don't understand what the hell he's talking about. If he is, you can't just ignore the fact that you're playing top sides? What did he say, don't worry lads, I don't care if you play like carp and we don't get anything? Fans won't mind, they don't expect anything from these first few games.:oops:
Come on though Bob, did you really expect much from the first four games?

OldRobert

OldRobert

I expected more than we got. No, I didn't expect 3 wins and a draw, but I expected better.

N

Number 9

Come on though Bob, did you really expect much from the first four games?
I expected the team to be ready at the start of the season and for each game to be taken seriously.

It's like Farke is saying how unlucky he was not to win the lottery, when all he did was lick the shop window rather than buying a ticket.

morty

morty

Staff member
I expected the team to be ready at the start of the season and for each game to be taken seriously.

It's like Farke is saying how unlucky he was not to win the lottery, when all he did was lick the shop window rather than buying a ticket.
But you do remember the mitigations though? Covid, players walking in the door on deadline day?

Did you genuinely expect more than maybe a point from those first four fixtures?

N

Number 9

But you do remember the mitigations though? Covid, players walking in the door on deadline day?

Did you genuinely expect more than maybe a point from those first four fixtures?
Every club had to deal with covid, inc the rest of the Premier League.

The transfer window is open for some time, we chose when to purchase players. The players we purchased may not have been available earlier but others certainly were.

Farke mentioned several times that he wasn't expecting anything from the first games, I think that influenced the transfer dealings and I believe it has resulted has resulted in us hanging off the bottom, with players not yet ready, a squad badly lacking in confidence and thousands of supporters questioning his wisdom.

N

Number 9

Do you not find it mildly irritating that we're going into October next week, yet quite a few of our players are undercooked?

K

Kuzma

My team:-

Krull

Arons Hanley Kabak williams

Norman mcclean

Rashika Sargent dowell

Pukki

morty

morty

Staff member
Every club had to deal with covid, inc the rest of the Premier League.

The transfer window is open for some time, we chose when to purchase players. The players we purchased may not have been available earlier but others certainly were.

Farke mentioned several times that he wasn't expecting anything from the first games, I think that influenced the transfer dealings and I believe it has resulted has resulted in us hanging off the bottom, with players not yet ready, a squad badly lacking in confidence and thousands of supporters questioning his wisdom.
We don't have the squad / strength in depth that other teams have. We also don't have the cash to just buy a player no matter where the price is, with some players we had to wait.

None of this is a mystery lol.

morty

morty

Staff member
Do you not find it mildly irritating that we're going into October next week, yet quite a few of our players are undercooked?
When I think the reasons why through, no. Obviously I would rather it wasn't this way, but I appreciate the reasons why.

OldRobert

OldRobert

NORWICH (3-5-2): Krul; Kabak, Hanley (C),Gibson; Aarons, Lees-Melou, Normann, McLean, Williams; Sargent, Pukki. Subs: Gunn (GK),Omobamidele, Giannoulis, Rupp, Gilmour, Dowell, Rashica, Tzolis, Idah

morty

morty

Staff member
Interesting. Seems a good lineup for an away game.

I see Williams as more of a full back than a wing back, so looks like it will be Aarons doing all the attacking today.

Din

Din

Have to say while we certainly haven't been brilliant by any means today we just cannot catch a break. No way in hell that should've been a penalty. Kabak makes the slightest bit of contact yes but I doubt Allan even felt it, yet he throws himself to the floor and even though the ref was standing there right next to it, saw it clearly and didn't give a penalty, VAR slow it right down and watch it back 700 times and find a reason to overturn the referee's decision. You can absolutely GUARANTEE if that was the other way round they wouldn't give us a penalty it's bullshit.

It's a shame as well because we've actually been pretty solid defensively. Get in at half-time 0-0 and with Everton's massive lack of depth on the bench I'd give us half a chance of getting a point. Instead now we're going to have to go a bit all out just to get ourselves level.

We haven't been great though at all. We're hopeless whenever we get to the final 3rd and Pukki and Sargent are constantly outnumbered. While this formation is decent at keeping us hard to break down at the back it offers nothing in attack, we need to change it if we want to get back into this game. I also really don't like Williams as a right-footed left wing-back, it upsets the whole balance of the team and as he's always looking to come back onto his right foot moves are slowing down every time he gets the ball. I think I said it last week but I'm not really sure why Farke's insistent on playing Williams there when Giannoulis would be much better suited.

morty

morty

Staff member
I think we'll see Giannoulis if we fail to score in the second half.

Din

Din

Same old story. Second half performance was actually quite good for the most part but it's kind of immaterial when you play as poorly as we did first half and go a goal behind. I've already given my thoughts on the penalty, it was stupidly soft, but the performance levels in the first half just weren't good enough, not even close.

Far from me to tell Farke what to do, but I really feel like h has over-thought this entire season so far. He's tried to change our whole way of playing when I feel like there wasn't much need? He just needs to take it right back to the basics. You can't tell me that if this season we'd played with the 4-2-3-1, quick wingers Rashica and Tzolis on each wing, Cantwell/Dowell in the 10, that we wouldn't have at least a few points on the board by now. We can't have been any worse than we have been so far.

Burnley up next, who are 2nd bottom and fortunately had a 95th minute winning goal disallowed. Lose that and, I know it's early days, but I think we'll be done already.

Status
Not open for further replies.