By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Everton ( home) Wednesday 24th June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Another must win etc etc...

The central defensive pairing pick themselves...

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Where do we start with this ? :) A more committed performance for a start, I would expect a couple of changes and to go back to the formation we’ve played for the bulk of the season.

Din

Din

Tettey and Vrancic for Trybull and McLean. Hernandez or Duda for Drmic and revert back to 1 up front. Will be disappointed if I don't see all those changes, but not surprised.

Need some sort of result after that shambles on Friday, though have to say I don't expect it. Everton are a much better side under Ancelotti than when we beat them earlier in the season. That said, in this strange period you can never really predict what's going to happen.

N

Number 9

Where do we start with this ? :) A more committed performance for a start, I would expect a couple of changes and to go back to the formation we’ve played for the bulk of the season.
Trouble is, the way we've played for the bulk of the season has left us hanging off the bottom.

N

Number 9

Tettey and Vrancic for Trybull and McLean. Hernandez or Duda for Drmic and revert back to 1 up front. Will be disappointed if I don't see all those changes, but not surprised.

Need some sort of result after that shambles on Friday, though have to say I don't expect it. Everton are a much better side under Ancelotti than when we beat them earlier in the season. That said, in this strange period you can never really predict what's going to happen.
He won't drop McLean or Pukki, and I can't see him starting Onel.
Probably Duda and Rupp to come in, we know what Farke is like, psychologically he may well look upon the Southampton debacle as justification for his previous system. He certainly doesn't like change.

G

GJP

Lads have got to get stuck in. You forgive a lack of quality but not a lack of effort.

N

Number 9

Lads have got to get stuck in. You forgive a lack of quality but not a lack of effort.
It's not like they've been playing alot recently. The performance was down to coaching, simple as that.
All the players not getting stuck in is either because they have been told not to get stuck in, or they all en masse ignored the manager.

Last edited:
G

GJP

When I say "get stuck in" it's a bit of a loose term. There was a lack of energy and urgency.

But yeah, DF totally f*cked it up Friday night. And it was the same thing again where you could see the opposition were in control, had momentum and were going to score. Only after the game was gone did DF react. And that's become a theme.

N

Number 9

I read with interest a series of quotes from our players all with the basic theme - we must dispense with the pretty football and fight for survival.

#afewmonthsagowouldhavebeengood

N

Number 9

Just cracking on with the Malbec and nursing the bbq while waiting for kickoff.
Don't expect much this evening but there you go, enjoy the game everyone :cool:

N

Number 9

20200624_171423.jpg

G

GJP

Dropping your 3 most dangerous players when you're fighting for survival. Hmm. Hopefully he's called it right.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Well, changes were called for, but whether these were the changes everyone wanted, who knows? Perhaps it's one side for BBC1 and another for BBC2.

N

Number 9

BBC commentator walked up to the castle on the hill 'as Ed sung about ' what a twat

G

GJP

Well they gave it a bit more of a go but Hernandez was the only one who looked like he had Everton worried - good performance from him.

The "defending" for their goal has become all too familiar.

Struggling to see how Duda and Rupp have improved us. Must be difficult to take for the lads who were here before and are now missing out.

Drmic's touch and speed of thought aren't sharp enough.

Din

Din

Have to say, as much as I do love Farke and don't want him to go, it's become abundantly clear this season that the tactical side of the game is one where he has a lot of room for improvement. Like Lambert when he was here, his management style is very much based on motivating and getting the best out of the players he has. Nothing wrong with that, Jurgen Klopp's arguably the best manager in the world and that's how manages his teams, but right now the players don't look motivated or confident, and tactically we're just a mess.

I think ask any Norwich fan who our 4 best outfield players are, a fair amount would say: Buendia, Pukki, Cantwell and Vrancic. So, in a game as important as this one was, how is there any possible justification for none of them starting, and Duda, Rupp and Drmic, who have done the square root of fuck all since they've been at the club, getting the nod ahead of them? Those 3 players were shocking today. Rupp may be a decent little utility player for us next season but he's well out of his depth at this level, and Duda and Drmic were just passengers as they are practically every time they play. Hernandez finally gets a start and unsurprisingly was our brightest spark, begging the question as to why he's only started one league game since 8th December. I really do hate saying it but time after time Farke picks completely illogical starting line-ups, and his use of substitutions is even worse. Today really did take the piss in that regard. I know we don't see the players in training every day but on what planet is picking Rupp and Duda ahead of Buendia and Cantwell a decision that will benefit the team?

As for the performance itself, it wasn't our worst and was better than the shambles against Southampton last Friday. You could certainly argue we deserved a point. But even then, the performance levels were so far off what you'd expect from a team who are fighting for their lives to stay in the league. If we were on our game we could've got 3 points today. Everton were far from at their best, yet apart from Hernandez we had nothing in the final 3rd, lacked in quality all over the pitch and conceded such a shit, simple goal from a set-piece right after half-time which is what we've done more times than I care to count. Fact is, didn't matter how we performed today we needed a result, and at no point did we look like getting one. Just shocking really.

Even if we won 5 of our remaining 7 (which obviously we won't) we'd still be likely to go down. No great escape happening here, just sleepwalking back to the Championship. So, so disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.