By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Liverpool (Home) Saturday 15th February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Should be home for this, but port of Mobile currently closed due to fog, clock is ticking to flights tomorrow, so we'll see.....

Well, this should be easy, shouldn't it? It would be typical us if we actually got something from this, but let's just say I won't be bothering my Bet365 account with this one! Liverpool have a fully fit squad to choose from, for the first time this season, yay. I guess we'll find out at the presser on Friday who is available, Godfrey is back and I do winder if we may just play 3 CB's.

In all honesty, even without Suarez, they are going to muller us :D

N

Number 9

The very top teams have a consistency which sets them apart. They can concentrate on doing their job for 90+ mins week after week.
We will almost certainly make a game of it and pass around the park for much of the game but they will press our defence and score, maybe even against the run of play, we will be so unlucky, the best team ever to go down etc.

N

Number 9

I can see us having a fair bit of possession in this game with Klopp choosing to press hard when we fanny about with the ball at the back.

OldRobert

OldRobert

The big discussion point seems to be who plays at the back. Does Godfrey come straight back in? If so at who's expense? Or do we go 3 at the back? Imo if we play 2 CBs I would stay as we have been and bench Godfrey.:)

N

Number 9

Aside from the players feelings, is it really going to make any difference in the grand scheme of things?

OldRobert

OldRobert

NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann, Hanley (C),Byram; Tettey, McLean; Rupp, Duda, Cantwell; Pukki. Subs: Fahrmann (GK),Godfrey, Lewis, Vrancic, Buendia, Hernandez, Drmic
LIVERPOOL (4-3-3): Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, van Dijk, Robertson; Henderson (C),Keita, Wijnaldum; Salah, Firmino, Oxlade-Chamberlain. Subs: Adrian (GK),Lovren, Milner, Fabinho, Lallana, Mane, Origi
REFEREE: Stuart Attwell
VAR: Paul Tierney

G

gerryinromania

Thought we played well against Liverpool. Pukki really should be doing better on goal though

dj161

dj161

Yeah, really good effort from the lads, shame we couldn't hold on for a point or better, but thats the difference being able to bring players like Mane off the bench does, but I can't complain about the performance or work ethic at all from the boys

Last edited:
G

GJP

Initially I was impressed by Duda. Not seeing it now though. Not seeing a player with his heart in it.

Thought Rupp tried hard but clearly a million miles off Buendia for ability.

morty

morty

Staff member
Ach.

We played really well, but same old story, wasteful in front of goal. Liverpool, annoyingly managed to really play not very well, but still have a laid back confidence that they would score a goal, sooner or later. We kept a lot of their better players quiet, Salah was limited to very little. First time I have seen Van Dijk play in the flesh and was hugely impressed, other than that, we were only just second best.

I thought Byram was excellent, and also Lewis when he came on, he did well to pick up the pace of the game immediately. Cantwell was outstanding today, as was Hanley.

This tweet kinda sums things up.

Untitled.jpg

G

GJP

First time I have seen Van Dijk play in the flesh and was hugely impressed,

Indeed. That is what I'll miss about the Prem, when you see those players that are just another level. I mean when you get in the Prem everyone is very good at football, they're all good teams. But there are certain players and sometimes a team that are different class.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Sorry GJP, don't agree. There may be a few good teams in the PL, but to say everyone is good at football is untrue or bollocks whichever you prefer. Most people would cross the road to watch 3 or 4 teams, but the rest make up the numbers. Not many can name more than the odd player from Bolton, Bournemouth, Palarse, Sheffield Utd, Everton, Arsenal, Brighton, Villa, Watford, Wet Spam, Leicester, Soton, Newcastle, Burnley. They are all pretty bloody ordinary. No wonder Liverpool are 25 points ahead of that lot. Personally I shall be pleased if we do go down to be in a competitive league with no VAR. :)

morty

morty

Staff member
Agree and disagree on both points. I'm no fanboy (there were grown men crowding the Liverpool team bus looking for autographs after the game, urgh) but I do appreciate a good player when I see one. That said, I go to Carrow road to watch Norwich City, first and foremost. The amount of fans there tonight who were there just to watch Liverpool was sick making.

G

GJP

Sorry GJP, don't agree. There may be a few good teams in the PL, but to say everyone is good at football is untrue or bollocks whichever you prefer. Most people would cross the road to watch 3 or 4 teams, but the rest make up the numbers. Not many can name more than the odd player from Bolton, Bournemouth, Palarse, Sheffield Utd, Everton, Arsenal, Brighton, Villa, Watford, Wet Spam, Leicester, Soton, Newcastle, Burnley. They are all pretty bloody ordinary. No wonder Liverpool are 25 points ahead of that lot. Personally I shall be pleased if we do go down to be in a competitive league with no VAR. :)
I could probably name all their teams because I really like football.

And I would stand by all teams in the Prem are good teams. You can still be a very good team even if you are ordinary in comparison to a team like Liverpool or Man City.

OldRobert

OldRobert

There are several examples of their behaviour post match elsewhere. They don't change, I'm not going to call them animals, insult to animals. Scum will do.:mad:

dj161

dj161

witnessed both incidents first hand, one just behind me and one just in front of me, the guy trying to fight police in the middle of block e, what a bellend

Status
Not open for further replies.