By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Liverpool (Home) Saturday 15th February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OldRobert

OldRobert

The incidents that 'you know where' were referring to, were on the way to Clarence Road and on POW Road.:rolleyes:

morty

morty

Staff member
witnessed both incidents first hand, one just behind me and one just in front of me, the guy trying to fight police in the middle of block e, what a bellend
Aye, am in Block E too. He should have just kept his mouth shut!

N

Number 9

In the cold light of day, I still feel that we should have done out subs at 70 mins.
We had been doing well without actually scoring or creating chances but were looking tired and short of options.
Klopp had changed two subs at 60 mins, to try and get more control over the game.
I feel sure that we could have drawn or even won had we brought on those two players at 70 mins. As it happens, 83 & 84 mins the subs are made after LFC sub had scored, and although looking lively, even creating an excellent chance, it wasn't enough time to have effect.
What possible reasons can Farke have for leaving it so late to try and influence the game, it's not like we don't need the points.

dj161

dj161

I think he just didn't want to change what was working, its easy looking back after they've scored and say we should of made changes, but if we'd made changes and they went and scored anyway people would be saying why change what was working, there's certain games where we clearly need to change things up, I'm not convinced this was one of them

N

Number 9

I think he just didn't want to change what was working, its easy looking back after they've scored and say we should of made changes, but if we'd made changes and they went and scored anyway people would be saying why change what was working, there's certain games where we clearly need to change things up, I'm not convinced this was one of them

I sat watching it and said we need to change it up.
You could see we were tiring and losing the grip. I'm no expert, I'm sure most people could see it. We'd done well but needed to change it up.

Reactions: GJP
G

GJP

Liverpool had clearly noted they were getting joy attacking our right back area. Max was sticking at it but Rupp was tired early in the second half and was getting caught asleep.

N

Number 9

Liverpool had clearly noted they were getting joy attacking our right back area. Max was sticking at it but Rupp was tired early in the second half and was getting caught asleep.
Careful, GJP, you know constructive criticism of our leader isn't welcome. ;)

G

GJP

Careful, GJP, you know constructive criticism of our leader isn't welcome. ;)
Ha.

The Liverpool goal just felt inevitable. Obviously partly because they're quite a decent team but also because it felt very similar to several other matches where we have seen the opposition take control and you've been able to see tired bodies and tired minds amongst our lads. Then the goal comes and we change things.

OldRobert

OldRobert

How often does DF change things before the 80th minute? I can only think it's against his religion.

N

Number 9

An example we all can remember is Lambert, who often made quite aggressive subs to go for it in games. He would take off a defender and replace him with a striker for instance.
This was a regular occurrence and often worked very well.

**I'm not comparing Farke and Lambert**

That level of gungho won't work in the Premier League.

However it's an example of how game management can win you points, I believe that we could have got at least a draw from Saturday with subs earlier when we were doing very well but starting to tire.

morty

morty

Staff member
That level of gungho won't work in the Premier League. Exactly.

The fact is that tactical changes work when you have good options on the bench that can genuinely change games. If you already have your best 11 on the pitch, and your squad is short on genuine quality, why make changes just for the sake of it, unless a player is injured or tiring.

Re the Liverpool game, we were very much still in it up until the subs were made.

And I find the whole subject of subs timing a bit of a lazy take, no one questions it when we win, do they? And the opinion can be neither proved correct or incorrect. The long and skinny of it is that we do not have the quality in depth required.

Status
Not open for further replies.