By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Middlesboro (home) Saturday 3rd Feb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dj161

dj161

without question we got the best years out of him, when did we have him age wise 24-29? or something like that, certainly not going to be getting better at his age now on a technical level, he'll get more experienced and be able to read games better with age, but unless he's some kind of Pirlo freak who's at his best in his 30's we got the best years, not say he won't be a quality player for the next few years

N

Number 9

He seemed to give everything he had when he played for us. Like Gerrard, box to box midfielder, did well for us.

OldRobert

OldRobert

My apologies for being more than a little late on parade. Very pleased with the win on Saturday. Another excellent 3 points from a cracking goal. We can do no more than keep picking up the points. OTBC.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Interesting that Trybull said he had a shot because he was frustrated with the ball going across their penalty area all the time.

flashdown

flashdown

Great to see a comfortable win, at home no less. Really hoping that this new year form can continue.

Interesting that Trybull said he had a shot because he was frustrated with the ball going across their penalty area all the time.
He wasn't the only one getting frustrated by that. I certainly was and I am over 4,500 miles from where the ball was being kicked around. It almost seemed like the team was afraid to take a shot or attempt something that could create a chance for fear of losing possession. Yes it looked comfortable and I am sure it was a sight for sore eyes there at Carrow Road, but I couldn't help and think that a poor pass in all that possession would lead to a scoring chance for Boro that they would take.

In the end, it is 3 points that helps to keep the season alive and moves the squad towards the future.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

The thing I’m taking from it is that at least some of the players understand that all our possession needs to have an end result.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Perhaps if the players had any confidence in Nelson burying a chance they would have taken a few more risks to try and get the ball to him... but he doesn't really ever seen to try and get on the end of things or ever bust a gut to get into space in the box.

Hope this new striker has a bit more 'presence' about him. If a striker wants it enough he'll get the chances, Grant Holt was always asking for the ball and making a nuisance of himself to try and peel off defenders and perhaps that is what we miss.

Oliviera is obviously short of confidence, but even an in-form Oliviera isn't a great striker for in and around the six yard box.

G

GJP

I do have a bit of "sympathy" for Oliveira because there has been a lack of support and quality service. A lot of times this season he's had the hardest job of any player. I think he's lacked someone to link up with.

While Holt was a different type of striker he benefited from having an understanding with Wes. They knew how and where to find each other.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Had it confirmed today that Oliveira has a big attitude problem and doesn’t want to be here. Not that we didn’t know that already :)

hogesar

hogesar

I do have a bit of "sympathy" for Oliveira because there has been a lack of support and quality service. A lot of times this season he's had the hardest job of any player. I think he's lacked someone to link up with.

While Holt was a different type of striker he benefited from having an understanding with Wes. They knew how and where to find each other.
Oliviera has had Pritchard and Maddison behind him. Sometimes wes. I dont think all 3 of them are the problem.

If he doesnt move himself into goalscoring positions he cant expect to score goals. However, his all round game hasnt been too bad for the last few performances.

As for Fenway pointing out the attitude problem im hardly surprised. If anyones interested he was at the Watford game vs Chelsea.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Difficult isn’t it? What happens to Oliveira’s value if we don’t play him ? I would think he’ll still start games but Benny will gradually get more game time. I really hope he comes on for the local derby and becomes an instant legend :)

hogesar

hogesar

Behind him but not always close enough to him.
I think that's excusing Oliveira just a tad too much. Like I say, his overall game has improved from where it was (unless it was on TV, where he put in a shift). But I wouldn't say he looks like scoring. And I don't think he does enough to say he's doing all the right things. He simply isn't getting into the areas.

Rocky and Wolfswinkel

Rocky and Wolfswinkel

I think that's excusing Oliveira just a tad too much. Like I say, his overall game has improved from where it was (unless it was on TV, where he put in a shift). But I wouldn't say he looks like scoring. And I don't think he does enough to say he's doing all the right things. He simply isn't getting into the areas.
I have to agree, seems to find himself out on the wing a lot when Josh likes to come in centrally. He had quite a few shots against Boro, but all to no avail, he sometimes has the tendency to shoot from ridiculous angles, and that shot that hit the Regency Security sign a few weeks back, my god. I think he really needs a goal for his confidence, once he gets that goal I think it could open the flood gates.

G

GJP

I do agree that Oliveira doesn't always do himself many favours. But I just think there are other factors which have frustrated him.

The ability is clear. Just a case of getting the best out of him regularly. And that's what the top sides do - they play to get the best out of their most dangerous players.

Status
Not open for further replies.