By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Middlesborough (Home) Saturday 15th Sept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GJP

Don't think he's been at his best so far but it's still a blow.

David Evans

David Evans

Everyone seems to be to be losing their shit over Hanley but let's be honest, he's led the defence for 90mins all 6 games where we've conceded 12 goals, it's never great to see a player injured but our defence is pretty rubbish as it is and it could probably do with a shake up, this is a chance for Zimm or Godfrey to step back in, last season Zimm was immense for us so fingers crossed he finds that form again.

dj161

dj161

DnIswtyW0AA5qja.jpg large.jpg

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Thank f*ck we didn't lose because Steven Naismith and Marley Watkins both scored today and somebody would have been bound to use that as a stick to bash Farke with.

Although I will say that Glenn Middleton scored his first professional for Rangers today, at the age of 18, and I think that the decision to give him away will look increasingly bizarre!

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Ever considered that the lad might be a bit of a twat?

A lot of talented young 18 year olds are twats, that's why they get a 'character building' loan to somewhere shit like Grimsby where they can't afford central heating in the dressing room and opponents kick them in the shins for daring to try and skin them.

And then they realise that they need to work harder back at their parent club so they aren't earning £25k a year and driving an 8 year old Peugeot 306 when they are 30...... see: Chris Martin.

Craig Bellamy would have been released without kicking a ball by this current regime then, that's the conclusion?

Last edited:
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Depends if the talent is worth it.

Apparently given credit after he volunteered to play a Rangers U23 game the other day to maintain momentum when given the choice not to because he'd been involved in the previous first team game a couple of days earlier off the bench.

All I know is that in the 9 months since we gave him away for £0 he was played 4 games in Europe for Rangers, who are managed by an England legend with a Scotland legend as his assistant, won 4 Scotland Under 21 caps, and just scored in his 2nd SPL appearance.....

..... he's still only 18.

According to Middleton himself he was called into a meeting in January and told that he wasn't our cup of tea anymore, went home and cried, his teammates were all shocked, then he got sold to Rangers a few days later for £0 where his former youth coach was clearly happy to give him a two and a half year contract.

6 months later new manager Steven Gerrard and his assistant Gary McAllister were instantly really impressed with him, promoted him straight into the first team and then started using him off the bench where he has looked excellent and Rangers fans are very excited by him. The above is all fact, and I deal with facts.

So that's Steven Gerrard, Gary McAllister, Greame Murty, and the Rangers U23, Scotland U21 and Scotland U19 managers who have been more than happy to have him around in the months since he left?

Any talk about his attitude seems to be complete speculation, made up by somebody on the Pink'un or twitter or a facebook group, and quite possibly a completely load of BS... so I'll take that bit with a pinch of salt. Has there even been a hint from Webber or Farke that this was the case? That he was a problem?

Last edited:
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Whilst we deal with facts, this is what Farke said when we gave him to Rangers:

"Glenn is a really talented player, and a really good guy"
"When we have to sell, sometimes, players from a financial point of view, my first view will always be to have an eye on our academy. [But] when you want to be successful, I am not naive, then sometimes you need to add some quality. We have several really good lads in this area on the pitch. And for that, we got the feeling, okay, it’s perhaps a bit too difficult right now for Glenn to be in the competition on the wing.
"I think it was a really good opportunity for him to join, in such a young age, such a giant in Scottish football. It was an unbelievable chance for him and for that he wanted to go. We wish him all the best I think it’s a good step for his career but I think it’s also important that we will have an eye on him further on, [to see] how he develops.
"I think for short-term it would be a bit too early to have him together with us because the competition is too high, but I wouldn’t say there’s no possibility for [Middleton to] return anyhow, [at any point] in his career.

And we’ll always have an eye on lads like him because it’s always good when you have an eye perhaps for players who were in your own academy and are perhaps, at this moment, [are] not the best fit or not on this level that they are able to help the team.
"But then perhaps after developing for one, two, three years [there will be] an opportunity to get him back and we will follow his career 100 per cent."

Genius.... so our plan was to give away a really talented player with no attitude problem for £0, because at that time we had too many players in his position that that precise moment in time.

But then sell Josh Murphy and Marley Watkins a few months later, and loan out Wildschut.

And then the plan is to possibly spend millions of pounds buying him back in a few years time? He'll leave Rangers, playing in front of 50,000 people, to resign for a mid-table Championship side who can't afford his transfer fee? #farkelogic

Instead of loaning him out to get some first team football, like normal fucking clubs do. But we sign and continue to give a salary to Adam Phillips who couldn't get a game for either Cambridge or Hamilton.

Yes I'm doing that Pink'un thing of moaning after a decent performance and a win. But its clear why so many people don't understand Webber and Farke and their project anymore.

Its truly bizarre and he's our very own version of the time Roy Keane sold Jordan Rhodes for £350k. Possibly worse based on current trajectory, he has actually changed games at Ibrox off the bench at 18.... so many experienced big name players have flopped hard in that cauldron.

Last edited:
G

GJP

I have absolutely no idea what the lad is like. Just an angle to consider.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I have absolutely no idea what the lad is like. Just an angle to consider.

He's a really good guy, and really talented.

And we only gave him to Rangers for £0 because we had too many wingers last January and he wasn't ready for the first team having just turned 18.

But we might buy him back from Rangers in one, two or three years time when he's good enough to get into our team.

Which is why I want to know why the fuck we didn't just loan him out.

One year is in three and a half months time, I wonder whether Rangers would now want for him :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Middleton thought he was good enough to be in first team squads. When he was told he wouldn’t be included he chucked his toys out of his pram and demanded to leave. I don’t see that as giving him away. Can’t we just enjoy today’s win ?

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Middleton thought he was good enough to be in first team squads. When he was told he wouldn’t be included he chucked his toys out of his pram and demanded to leave. I don’t see that as giving him away. Can’t we just enjoy today’s win ?

I didn't intentionally sidetrack this thread, it just sort of happened, but are you saying that you have inside info on this?

Because he claims that he was called into a meeting, told he wasn't wanted after we signed Simon Power in his position, and then went home and cried.... which is a substantially different account.

And a player wanting some first team football could be solved by a loan move, two of the four players that Farke listed as being in competition for his place at the time have left the club and one of the others is currently playing as a deep lying playmaker.

T

tjon

good result today .... I was involved in Glenn's education (and was previously with a few pro players - inc. in a more limited way Adam Drury).

Glenn is a super lad, great attitude and ambitious ... it was a real shock he was let go - only the previous summer he was due to be on 1st team bench until Scotland call up - Richard Money highlighted him as the clubs best young prospect - rated above the Murphys, for example. He wanted to push for first team, not unreasonable as he was dominating Under 23 games at times as an 17 year old- It took Gerrard one pre season to promote him to 1st team and he has now played in a on old firm derby and scored as an 18 year old in front off 50000. Gerrad has publicly said that 'he has everything.'

If he kicks on he will be worth millions ...

& he would have gone out on loan without a problem - I know this because he told me.

Murty snapped him up and premier league options were open too.

Back in the day we released Dion Dublin - This will be up there, if not worse,

hogesar

hogesar

Meh, if theres one thing we've done well its been integrating youth players under Farke and Webber.

Having seem Aarons settle quite well, Lewis before him, Maddison and Murphy before that and potentially Godfrey and Thomson as we move forwards through this season I wont be too bothered if we get one wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.