By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Middlesbrough (Home) Saturday 12th November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Home from the pub early, as up at 6am tomorrow for an early flight.

Right!

I'm angry, annoyed, frustrated, confused, all sorts going on, I'm not even entirely sure where to start.

Boro had a go for the first ten minutes, but after that, in the first half, we took over, and just controlled the game, and we did it easily. We made them look like a much lesser team that decided to try and give the bigger team a bloody nose, but just weren't really up to it. The crowd were jubilant, everyone was having a great time. Then Boro had a spell, which is fine, no team dominates for 90 minutes, you expect ebb and flow, and it just basically went to absolute ratshit. We completely shit the bed and just folded. And this is worrying, as it is a disturbing trend, when we were winning games earlier in the season we were never really quite convincing, no one was shouting from the rooftops about the beautiful football we were playing, we had a losing spell, then things slightly improved over the last few games, without anyone really being 100% convinced that we had turned a corner, I think we have been waiting for something to click, and we absolutely muller a team, and it just hasn't happened, and it doesn't really look like it is going to.

Let's face it Middlesboro were okay today, but they aren't going to win the league, and we made them look like 1970's Brazil at times. Our levels are just mental, the highs when we're playing well aren't quite high enough, and the lows when we're playing badly are way too low. So what is it? Is it fitness? Is it coaching? I'm not so sure we can really use the injury excuse right now, at this point? I'm sorry, but for me, he needs to go now, right now. Because I really can't see where this is going to improve.

morty

morty

Staff member
Untitled.jpg

G

gerryinromania

Back in ingurlund Sunny Hunny,on Tuesday,for what used to be my annual winter pilgrimage, until the bloody china plague stopped me. Only 2 weeks this time, not 5. Luckily Norwich will not be playing, so no visit to the Carra, not the least bit interested in the arab white washing and corruption cup, maybe, I can get to see the Linnets.
Hopefully, Wherry, fish and chips and walking on the beach for some fresh air, will get my old bones recharged.
I know this is an NCFC forum, but kinda difficult talking about them and our world beating tic tac, non tactical coach
OR. How are you doing now?
Good flight back to work Morty

G

gerryinromania

Fancy, smith batting below Roeder. Maybe our new director will not be happy with the coaching set up. smith needs to be binned

Gunvald Larsson

Gunvald Larsson

I am so annoyed by the manner of this defeat that, for once, words really do fail me.

morty

morty

Staff member
Back in ingurlund Sunny Hunny,on Tuesday,for what used to be my annual winter pilgrimage, until the bloody china plague stopped me. Only 2 weeks this time, not 5. Luckily Norwich will not be playing, so no visit to the Carra, not the least bit interested in the arab white washing and corruption cup, maybe, I can get to see the Linnets.
Hopefully, Wherry, fish and chips and walking on the beach for some fresh air, will get my old bones recharged.
I know this is an NCFC forum, but kinda difficult talking about them and our world beating tic tac, non tactical coach
Enjoy your trip home Gerry!

N

Number 9

The overwhelming thing I got from the game was the complete lack of organisation.
Most of our players we're just wandering around the pitch out of position, often chasing the ball like schoolkids do.
I understand that sometimes players swap positions switching from on side to the other for a few minutes during the game, but this was just chaos.

morty

morty

Staff member
I'm just a bit indifferent now, to be honest, and will happily forget all about Norwich City for a month.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Kings Lynn are doing well at the moment Gerry, FAcup next Saturday at the Walks against Stevenage

Gunvald Larsson

Gunvald Larsson

I have my words back ....

Ratings ...

Gunn 6
Aarons 5
Hanley 5
Gibson 5
McCallum 5
Hayden 5
McLean 5
Sara 8
Ramsey 5
Pukki 5
Sargent 9

subs - Hernandez 5 Giannoulis 5 Cantwell 5 Nunez 5 Hugill 5

The 1st 30 mins was really good. We weathered the Boro storm and Sarge scored a good goal. For the next 20 mins we should have buried them. They were all over the place but, all of a sudden, they seemed to get the measure of us and took control of the game. This is something that has happened in many games this season. Teams appear to work us out fairly quickly and take control. Both goals could have been avoided but, to be honest, Boro missed some better opportunities before and after their 1st goal. Following their winner is was pretty bad to see Gibson and Giannoulis really going for each other. Hanley calmed Gibson down but until the game kicked off again Gibson was giving Giannoulis some really intense dirty looks. It actually looked personal rather then related solely to the goal. Not a good look. When Hanley joined Hugill up front it remined me of when Ron Saunders played Clive Payne at centre-forward againsr Everton during the fag end of his reign. One pleasing thing ... at HT Cantwell spent time with some young fans signing autographs and posing for selfies and seemed to be genuinely enjoying the experience. Nice one Todd.

2019-12-01T160022Z_1075989757_RC2GMD947N75_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-ENGLAND-NOR-ARS-REPORT.jpg

Last edited:
N

Number 9

I have my words back ....

Ratings ...

Gunn 6
Aarons 5
Hanley 5
Gibson 5
McCallum 5
Hayden 5
McLean 5
Sara 8
Ramsey 5
Pukki 5
Sargent 9

subs - Hernandez 5 Giannoulis 5 Cantwell 5 Nunez 5 Hugill 5

The 1st 30 mins was really good. We weathered the Boro storm and Sarge scored a good goal. For the next 20 mins we should have buried them. They were all over the place but, all of a sudden, they seemed to get the measure of us and took control of the game. This is something that has happened in many games this season. Teams appear to work us out fairly quickly and take control. Both goals could have been avoided but, to be honest, Boro missed some better opportunities before and after their 1st goal. Following their winner is was pretty bad to see Gibson and Giannoulis really going for each other. Hanley calmed Gibson down but until the game kicked off again Gibson was giving Giannoulis some really intense dirty looks. It actually looked personal rather then related solely to the goal. Not a good look. When Hanley joined Hugill up front it remined me of when Ron Saunders played Clive Payne at centre-forward againsr Everton during the fag end of his reign. One pleasing thing ... at HT Cantwell spent time with some young fans signing autographs and posing for selfies and seemed to be genuinely enjoying the experience. Nice one Todd.

2019-12-01T160022Z_1075989757_RC2GMD947N75_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-ENGLAND-NOR-ARS-REPORT.jpg
During the first half Gibson gave a mouthful or two to Maccullum too.

G

gerryinromania

Clive Payne, I used to call him Farmer Ted, he certainly looked as though he used to follow the plough horses. I liked him though

G

gerryinromania

Thanks for the memory Mr. Cars. Wonder how many of us aged ones that remember him, are still around?

Status
Not open for further replies.