By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Nottingham Forest (Home) Wednesday 9th December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Expecting pretty much the same team, and hopefully the same result! Some injured players back in training, but this will be a bit too soon, I think. Only possible concern from the last game is Vrancic went off rubbing the back of his leg, hopefully only cramp. Would like to see more of the young lad Martin.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

They’re going to park the bus, hopefully we can get an early goal

OldRobert

OldRobert

I read somewhere that their first choice midfield has been hit by injuries, hopefully that's true.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Looks like Cantwell could be involved though but not for 90 minutes

Din

Din

We have some difficult games coming up after this one, our next 4 fixtures are against teams currently inside the top 10. Obviously no game is easy at this level and on paper Forest have a side that should be challenging for a play-off spot, but they have had a poor season so far and are in woeful form. With all that in mind we need to be taking 3 points here.

Din

Din

190F670C-CD5E-4A60-9735-0CC59B4B2A38.png

McLean, Cantwell, Dowell and Hugill back on the bench :D:D:D

Din

Din

Good first half, and amazing to get a goal just before half-time. What a volley from Sorenson.

Forest look a really poor side to be honest, as poor as I’ve seen us play this season. Even so though we can’t afford to get complacent. What does worry me slightly is Christie and Lolley are causing us one or two problems down our left hand-side. If they can get down there and whip the ball to the back post Ameobi has got the beating of Aarons in the air all day. Something Farke needs to look at at half-time. Obviously we don’t like doing things the easy way, so I wouldn’t count on this happening, but if we do get a 2nd goal that should be enough.

Last edited:
morty

morty

Staff member
Happy with that, just catching up now, as at work. Good to see the subs bench looking a bit healthier! All the other sides seem to be conspiring to keep us top!

When I looked at our squad at the beginning of the season, I thought it a little bit too big, but with the injuries it is really helping us, and I think most sides are suffering as we are (though maybe not quite so bad) with lack of pre season, a congested fixture list, and players going away on meaningless internationals.

Din

Din

Pretty pleased that wasn't as dramatic as our last encounter with Forest at Carrow Road (still pisses me off to this day that I had to leave in the 85th minute of that one due to work) but it still wasn't nearly as comfortable as I would've liked, or expected it to be at half-time. No doubts though that we deserved the victory, and I'm always happy to get 3 points, particularly when it puts us clear at the top of the Championship.

I don't know what it is particularly about this season, but it feels like every game we're having to work really hard to score a goal or win the game. Obviously in the last promotion season we were rolling a lot of teams over and often games felt like they were done by half-time. I don't know if it's because we're playing a bit more pragmatically this season, or whether just the general quality of the league has gone up. But even Forest, a side who were in poor form before today and overall didn't look like a great team, made it difficult for us.

It was fantastic to have the return of some of the injured players. Todd played well once he came on and obviously assisted the winning goal. I know it took a huge deflection (which balanced out the luck of the game seeing as Forest's goal came from a cross that happened to loop all the way in) but it's brilliant to see Emi contributing key goals on a regular basis, something that he really needed to add to his game. Man of the match is difficult but I don't think anyone stood out as being absolutely superb. Skipp was great as usual and especially in the first half Sorenson provided some nice moments, I'd probably go with either Buendia or Aarons though.

A tricky run now. The next 4 games consist of Blackburn (10th),Reading (5th) and Watford (3rd) all away, as well as Cardiff (9th) at home. All those sides are in good form so this is going to be a real test of our credentials. If we can come out of that mini-run still top of the league then we really out set up to repeat our title-winning season of a couple of years ago.

N

Number 9

Pretty pleased that wasn't as dramatic as our last encounter with Forest at Carrow Road (still pisses me off to this day that I had to leave in the 85th minute of that one due to work) but it still wasn't nearly as comfortable as I would've liked, or expected it to be at half-time. No doubts though that we deserved the victory, and I'm always happy to get 3 points, particularly when it puts us clear at the top of the Championship.

I don't know what it is particularly about this season, but it feels like every game we're having to work really hard to score a goal or win the game. Obviously in the last promotion season we were rolling a lot of teams over and often games felt like they were done by half-time. I don't know if it's because we're playing a bit more pragmatically this season, or whether just the general quality of the league has gone up. But even Forest, a side who were in poor form before today and overall didn't look like a great team, made it difficult for us.

It was fantastic to have the return of some of the injured players. Todd played well once he came on and obviously assisted the winning goal. I know it took a huge deflection (which balanced out the luck of the game seeing as Forest's goal came from a cross that happened to loop all the way in) but it's brilliant to see Emi contributing key goals on a regular basis, something that he really needed to add to his game. Man of the match is difficult but I don't think anyone stood out as being absolutely superb. Skipp was great as usual and especially in the first half Sorenson provided some nice moments, I'd probably go with either Buendia or Aarons though.

A tricky run now. The next 4 games consist of Blackburn (10th),Reading (5th) and Watford (3rd) all away, as well as Cardiff (9th) at home. All those sides are in good form so this is going to be a real test of our credentials. If we can come out of that mini-run still top of the league then we really out set up to repeat our title-winning season of a couple of years ago.
If you revisited the Championship games that season, there were a handful of big wins but majority of games we relied on hanging on for a win or getting last minute injury time goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.