By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Reading(away) Wed 19th September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dj161

dj161

Terrible game, neither side capable of stringing 3 passes together. The only time we have we've scored :D fantastic finish by Pukki by the way.

The stream I have has BBC Radio Berkshire commentary, and unlike Radio Norfolk they don't even try and be impartial. They don't know who any of the Norwich players are, every time a 50/50 foul is given to us they moan about what a shocking game the ref is having, and overexaggerating to the point that you'd think Reading have had 3 or 4 clear chances, when they haven't had 1. We haven't been amazing overall but Reading have been worse.

Come on now boys let's see out the 3 points.

That's the same stream I had then, my god that was possibly the worst commentary I've ever had to sit through, like you said completely pro reading, tried blaming the ref for the most part, giving us free kicks when it was clearly a foul, is obviously incorrect, Reading would never mistime a challenge, glad it's over just so I don't have to listen to that anymore

on the positive side, that's exactly the sort of performance I want to see from us away from home, everyone giving it all, wasting time when in front (fuck it everyone else does why shouldn't we),great reaction to conceding the equaliser, just a real scrappy dogged performance, 3 points well earnt

Din

Din

Yeah superb result that. Wasn't a vintage performance by any means but as others have said we scrapped it out, and in the end I think it was a deserved win.

Have to say their equaliser had been coming. We were sitting far too deep and couldn't get out for anything. At that point I was thinking it would be a typical Norwich City disappointing away game, but our reaction to going behind was unbelievable. Brilliant from Stiepermann down the left, and fantastic finish from Vrancic, who was brilliant when he came on. I thought initially he'd fucked it when he took the ball pretty much off Cantwell's foot, but fair play to him it was a great goal. From then on we were in control, and saw out the win nicely.

Special mention to Cantwell who I thought was excellent. Was surprised with how good a job he did defensively, and in general he has the potential to be a very good player. Stiepermann as CB says is like a new signing, and Pukki is possibly the best player in world football. Love him. Thought Zimmermann and Klose were very assured for most of the game as well.

2 wins on the bounce, into the top half and just 2 points off play offs. If we can get 4-6 points from QPR and Wigan then we'll probably be in a play off place or only just outside. Fair play to the team and Farke, let's hope the wins keep coming.

Din

Din

That's the same stream I had then, my god that was possibly the worst commentary I've ever had to sit through, like you said completely pro reading, tried blaming the ref for the most part, giving us free kicks when it was clearly a foul, is obviously incorrect, Reading would never mistime a challenge, glad it's over just so I don't have to listen to that anymore

Unbelievable weren't it :D any Reading fan who listened to the game on the radio would have the completely wrong idea about how the game unfolded. There's being biased and then there's straight up lying to yourself and whoever's listening.

All worth it though for the main commentators reaction when Vrancic scored :D reminiscent of Ipswich's commentator for Klose's goal last season aha.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Unbelievable weren't it :D any Reading fan who listened to the game on the radio would have the completely wrong idea about how the game unfolded. There's being biased and then there's straight up lying to yourself and whoever's listening.

All worth it though for the main commentators reaction when Vrancic scored :D reminiscent of Ipswich's commentator for Klose's goal last season aha.

My thoughts exactly. Crap game, great result, 2 good goals.:D

Reactions: Din
hogesar

hogesar

I'm glad Vrancic is back. Calm and composed regardless of the match situation.

Timm Klose's Boat Analogy

Timm Klose's Boat Analogy

Yeah, big fan of Mario. That said, imagine how unpopular he'd be today had he not scored that, considering he took the ball right off the toes of Cantwell and Pukki!

Status
Not open for further replies.