By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Sheffield Utd(home) Saturday 20th January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GJP

Murphy and Watkins just aint strikers. Not at this level with this way of playing. We arent blessed with width either so moving Murphy central would be criminal.

We should have been getting a striker in before we sold Jerome. As soon as we knew Pritchard was off. Which was probably december.

No other club in the league is lacking in the striking department to the extent we are. Im not sure what part of the plan that is but it aint the best bit of it.

Yup. Sheff Utd started with Clarke & Wilson and had Donaldson & Sharp on the bench.

All guys who can score goals at this level.

morty

morty

Staff member
I wouldn't have thought will never have more than two proper strikers and maybe one youth while we play a system that only primarily employs one striker at a time.

hogesar

hogesar

I wouldn't have thought will never have more than two proper strikers and maybe one youth while we play a system that only primarily employs one striker at a time.

I was relatively happy going into the season with Jerome and Oliviera with Watkins behind.

However, those who criticised and said we needed another have turned out to be absolutely correct.

Now having only one is pretty criminal and a False 9 in the championship? Uhh no.

morty

morty

Staff member
I was relatively happy going into the season with Jerome and Oliviera with Watkins behind.

However, those who criticised and said we needed another have turned out to be absolutely correct.

Now having only one is pretty criminal and a False 9 in the championship? Uhh no.
Nah I disagree. We don't need three strikers, just two that are competitive.

hogesar

hogesar

Nah I disagree. We don't need three strikers, just two that are competitive.

Personally think the first half of this season is all the evidence you need that we required a third choice lol.

If we had two exceptional strikers then maybe not but thats never been the case.

morty

morty

Staff member
Personally think the first half of this season is all the evidence you need that we required a third choice lol.

If we had two exceptional strikers then maybe not but thats never been the case.
Just two effective strikers would have done, they don't have to be exceptional.....

G

GJP

It's alright saying we don't need more than 2 strikers for this system but this system doesn't look like it has many goals in it. More strikers = more options.

We are just going to be far too predictable and easy to play against. Which has already been the case.

morty

morty

Staff member
It's alright saying we don't need more than 2 strikers for this system but this system doesn't look like it has many goals in it. More strikers = more options.

We are just going to be far too predictable and easy to play against. Which has already been the case.
You mean other than the 8 from Murphy and the 8 from Maddison?

morty

morty

Staff member
11 league goals. Don't excite me much.
The point is that there are goals from all over the team, not just the striker. I doubt very much we'll find a striker for this system that will get us 20 in a season.

G

GJP

Like any team. Just like any other team.

We just score less in total than most.

Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

I understand and reluctantly accept that our current way of playing can certainly reduce the number of goals expected from a loan striker. However when you do play this system there is more reason to have the right striker and also to have options on the bench for when you need a plan B....we have neither right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.