By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Spurs (Away) Sunday 5th December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Number 9

Screenshot_20211205-130100_Twitter.jpg

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Watched a stream for 10 minutes, turned it off now ;)

N

Number 9

Aye, I have a stream. Other than the goal, I don't think we have been that bad. Spurs obviously very clinical on the break, but we're not out of this.
What changes do you make, or does Dean make?

morty

morty

Staff member
What changes do you make, or does Dean make?
I'm not sure, I don't think we have done a huge amount wrong, we are creating chances. Our midfield on the weak side though, but not sure what we can do about that really.

morty

morty

Staff member
Disappointing. Unexpected? No, not really.

We missed chances, but that is nothing new really, this should hardly come as a surprise to any of our fans lol.

I thought the back 3 worked well, Aarons and Williams got forward well, especially Brandon. We lacked a bite in midfield, but Normann could well have provided that, had he been fit. My opinion of Gilmour hasn't really changed, I think he needs better players around him, to shine.

Sargent the current whipping boy, on Twitter. Nobody mentioning Pukki's early awful miss though, which could well have changed the game.

We really need to take our chances...

Din

Din

Disappointing performance. We weren't absolutely terrible like we had been in a fair few away games under Farke, and as said above the 3-0 scoreline flattered Spurs. To be honest though we weren't brilliant. Same old issues. In the first half there was quite a long spell where we had a lot of possession, but similar to Tuesday night we were moving it too slowly with no real sense of purpose. Despite all that though we did create some really good chances, all 3 strikers had great opportunities. Idah's in particular he has to do better with, especially as it was 1-0 at that stage, score that and the whole game is flipped on its head.

Captain obvious statement I know but the early goal was a huge blow. Scoring that early meant that Spurs could afford to just sit in a low block and essentially just bide their time, conserve some energy and wait for their chance for 2-0. Up until they scored their 2nd I didn't think there was much between the two sides, and if anything we were a bit more in the ascendancy when they got that goal. All 3 goals, as usual, were quite poor from our perspective. Even the first goal, while it was a great move and a fantastic hit by Lucas, 2 or 3 players rashly dived into challenges in the build-up.

Typically, Ollie Skipp was probably the best player on the pitch. He absolutely ran the midfield. If he keeps up that sort of form it can't be long before he's called up for an England squad. For us Brandon Williams was very good again, he's looking better and better with each game, I didn't think anyone else though got above a 6 out of 10.

Have to say while I've been impressed with Deano's subs in all 3 of his games so far, I didn't really understand the ones he made today. I can see initially why he lined up with 3 centre backs to try and match Spurs up, but at 1/2-0 down when we should be trying to get back into the game do we really need 5 defenders on the pitch? The subs we did make seemed to all pretty much be straight swaps with no real change in system/formation. It was nice to see Lungi back on the pitch though, and I thought he looked good, albeit we were 3-0 down by that point so it didn't really matter. I would've liked to have seen Todd come on ahead of Dowell as well, if for no other reason to get him a bit more match practice/sharpness.

It was a good day out though. Spurs' stadium is amazing, easily the best I've been to aside from Wembley. Was actually really easy to get out of as well after the game unlike Arsenal, which was a flipping nightmare. The atmosphere from the Spurs fans wasn't great, they barely made any noise at all until they were 3-0 up, but you kind of expect that from the big 6 clubs nowadays. The stadium stands out even more as well because Tottenham itself is an absolute shithole :D I'd never been there before but man it is horrible.

I think realistically now we have to get at least one win in the next 3, gonna be difficult though with United, Villa and West Ham. I think despite losing pretty softly in the end today we look more competitive at this level than we did a month ago, hopefully now we can prove that by pulling out a result against one of the big boys. Looking forward to United at home on Saturday though, should be a great occasion!

N

Number 9

Disappointing performance. We weren't absolutely terrible like we had been in a fair few away games under Farke, and as said above the 3-0 scoreline flattered Spurs. To be honest though we weren't brilliant. Same old issues. In the first half there was quite a long spell where we had a lot of possession, but similar to Tuesday night we were moving it too slowly with no real sense of purpose. Despite all that though we did create some really good chances, all 3 strikers had great opportunities. Idah's in particular he has to do better with, especially as it was 1-0 at that stage, score that and the whole game is flipped on its head.

Captain obvious statement I know but the early goal was a huge blow. Scoring that early meant that Spurs could afford to just sit in a low block and essentially just bide their time, conserve some energy and wait for their chance for 2-0. Up until they scored their 2nd I didn't think there was much between the two sides, and if anything we were a bit more in the ascendancy when they got that goal. All 3 goals, as usual, were quite poor from our perspective. Even the first goal, while it was a great move and a fantastic hit by Lucas, 2 or 3 players rashly dived into challenges in the build-up.

Typically, Ollie Skipp was probably the best player on the pitch. He absolutely ran the midfield. If he keeps up that sort of form it can't be long before he's called up for an England squad. For us Brandon Williams was very good again, he's looking better and better with each game, I didn't think anyone else though got above a 6 out of 10.

Have to say while I've been impressed with Deano's subs in all 3 of his games so far, I didn't really understand the ones he made today. I can see initially why he lined up with 3 centre backs to try and match Spurs up, but at 1/2-0 down when we should be trying to get back into the game do we really need 5 defenders on the pitch? The subs we did make seemed to all pretty much be straight swaps with no real change in system/formation. It was nice to see Lungi back on the pitch though, and I thought he looked good, albeit we were 3-0 down by that point so it didn't really matter. I would've liked to have seen Todd come on ahead of Dowell as well, if for no other reason to get him a bit more match practice/sharpness.

It was a good day out though. Spurs' stadium is amazing, easily the best I've been to aside from Wembley. Was actually really easy to get out of as well after the game unlike Arsenal, which was a flipping nightmare. The atmosphere from the Spurs fans wasn't great, they barely made any noise at all until they were 3-0 up, but you kind of expect that from the big 6 clubs nowadays. The stadium stands out even more as well because Tottenham itself is an absolute shithole :D I'd never been there before but man it is horrible.

I think realistically now we have to get at least one win in the next 3, gonna be difficult though with United, Villa and West Ham. I think despite losing pretty softly in the end today we look more competitive at this level than we did a month ago, hopefully now we can prove that by pulling out a result against one of the big boys. Looking forward to United at home on Saturday though, should be a great occasion!
Thanks for the eyewitness account Din, it's been noted that you continued the 100% record of away losses!

Gunvald Larsson

Gunvald Larsson

I think Antonio Conte watched the match against Newcastle and thought ''let them have the ball most of the time, they can get to our penalty area but they won't score'' ... Dean Smith has certainly improved the team but we desperately need a proven goalscorer to take some of the pressure off Teemu Pukki and to help us get some more points

OldRobert

OldRobert

Idah won't do it in a million years whatever some think, we only have one striker and we all know who he is. The club must find some money from somewhere and buy or loan someone to help Pukki for the rest of the season, otherwise there's no point turning up for the games. We're creating chances, now we must get get him some help to take some of them.

morty

morty

Staff member
What this boils down to is that we can't afford oven ready, Premier league players. Especially a striker.

N

Number 9

Idah won't do it in a million years whatever some think, we only have one striker and we all know who he is. The club must find some money from somewhere and buy or loan someone to help Pukki for the rest of the season, otherwise there's no point turning up for the games. We're creating chances, now we must get get him some help to take some of them.

What this boils down to is that we can't afford oven ready, Premier league players. Especially a striker.
Or bring back some loan strikers

Status
Not open for further replies.