By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Spurs (Home) Saturday 28th December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
You need a squad, and by virtue of that there are players that aren't going to get in the team regularly.

I bet none of us saw Grant Hanley being a first choice centre back in the Premiership :D

N

Number 9

You need a squad, and by virtue of that there are players that aren't going to get in the team regularly.

I bet none of us saw Grant Hanley being a first choice centre back in the Premiership :D
Our squad seemed heavy with midfielders, none of whom could do the dm role and none of whom could manage 10 -15 goals per season.

N

Number 9

I feel sorry for Hanley, and there are others in a similar position, in that Farke will play the same starting 11 until they fall over or get suspended with subs coming on at 85 mins as disruption tactics.
The guys on the bench don't get match fit, either mentally or physically. Farke has only tended to change his 11 when a bad injury strikes or when the on-field performance is so bad that he feels he can't get away with status quo.
Then obv there's suddenly pressure on the incoming player, who may not have kicked a ball in months, to be at 150% to make an impact. This can result in injuries, mistakes and loss of confidence, a viscous circle.
Hanley has a couple of games under his belt now so we will be seeing him at his best soon you would imagine.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Imo Hanley since coming back in, fit at last, has been excellent. An old fashioned style CB he may be but I think that's what's been needed. Are we not breathing at least a little bit easier when we concede a corner? I would like to see Godfrey play slightly in front of Zimmer and Hanley when the former is fit again, I hope Hanley is not kicked into touch immediately BC is fit, unless he starts making bad errors as I think that would be more than a little unjust.

N

Number 9

He's gonna need to play well, unlike Spurs, I can't see Palace letting us play our game

morty

morty

Staff member
The trouble is though now is that the beast has been unleashed. They have set the standard, you're either off or you aren't, even if it is by 5 millimetres. They should really be looking to relax the actual offside rule, in my opinion.

And, personally, I only want to see VAR used very sparingly, and ideally only for penalty decisions.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Why have it at all, it hasn't exactly improved the spectacle of football has it? Whose bloody idea was it anyway? Only a matter of time before it's inflicted on the lower divisions assuming it's not abolished which it won't be because the governing body (if that's who it was) will never admit that they got it wrong.

morty

morty

Staff member
Why have it at all, it hasn't exactly improved the spectacle of football has it? Whose bloody idea was it anyway? Only a matter of time before it's inflicted on the lower divisions assuming it's not abolished which it won't be because the governing body (if that's who it was) will never admit that they got it wrong.
I saw something about it on the telly (it seems to be all we talk about just now) and actually it was unanimously voted in by all Premiership clubs.

Saw a thing earlier implying they are going to try and soften it a bit. I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.