By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Stoke City (away) Tuesday 24th November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
#ncfc DF looks like he has been through the mill. On Krul: 'No chance to go again in 3 days. Looks like a muscle problem. Could be a few weeks. But we must assess.'

#ncfc DF: 'Teemu was also complaining of hamstring problems so we had to get him off. And Marco Stiepermann may have been concussed. But my boys showed what character they have.'

On Buendia dismissal. #ncfc DF: 'I thought he was the best player on the pitch. Head and shoulders. The first one is a 50/50 challenge. Then he needs to calm down and it was an emotional, naive reaction. He has already apologised to the whole group in the dressing room.'

Din

Din

Fucking hell man, never did I ever think in the 68th minute when we're 3-0 up and cruising that I would go on to endure as much stress in that last 20/25 minutes as I did. We've won a really tough away game yet all I feel is angry :D

The best and worse from Emi in one game. Absolutely unplayable for the first hour. Great finish for the first goal, sublime pass for the 2nd. Gets a booking, and at that point all he has to do is not do anything stupid, and within minutes he goes in with a high foot and gets another yellow card. I know it's not the same as diving into a reckless challenge, but when you're on a yellow card you need to be more careful. To be fair, the way we reacted as a team to going down to 10 wasn't good enough, but one rash moment from Emi so nearly cost us. It's so frustrating as well because he was fantastic today. Not to mention that our squad is already spread so thin due to injuries, we can't afford anyone to be missing games unnecessarily, particularly our best player.

Really worrying that we could be without Krul for a spell. I've been saying it for 2/3 years now but McGovern just is not near good enough to be our goalkeeper in the Championship. Yeah he didn't do an awful lot wrong when he came on tonight, but I honestly would so rather we just play Barden or another one of the youth lads. McGovern's distribution is awful, he inspires no confidence in the defence, his positioning was all over the place, a couple of times his feet were at least a couple of yards behind the line, not to mention that by goalkeeping standards he's tiny. I'm honestly so worried that we're likely going to have to have him in-between the sticks for the foreseeable, for one of the most important run-ins of the season. These injuries in general though are just so frustrating, just feels like we can't catch a break.

Still, to go away to Boro and Stoke and take 6 points is absolutely amazing. After a really tough run of games where we seemed to be playing an in-form team every game, now of our next 4 games, 3 of them are against teams who are 20th or below. Hopefully we can just come through those games top of the table, and get some players back from injury in that time.

morty

morty

Staff member
How's this for a stat?

We really are too good for this division...

44.jpg

Din

Din

Tim Krul saying on Instagram: "Personally a little setback with the injury but I won't be out for too long"

Fingers crossed then it's nothing like as serious as everyone initially thought.

Din

Din

Meant to say after the game but I was really impressed with Josh Martin yesterday. You would never have known it was his first start at Championship level, he looked completely comfortable. Played a pivotal part in the first goal and played a lovely ball to Pukki for the 3rd (on first viewing I was certain he was a mile offside, but watching it back it's clear he timed his run inch-perfectly). Really excited to see him get more game-time, as he's only gonna get better.

I also think the fact that nobodies talking about Sorenson shows just how good he is doing. Normally playing so far out of position you'd expect us to be saying how out of place he looks, and that the sooner Xavi comes back the better. Even though he's clearly not a natural left back he really is holding his own out there, and has been so impressive considering the circumstances. Look forward to seeing how good he is in his natural position!

And as much as he worries me when he has the ball in our final 3rd, Tettey came and was superb as well. Hanley and Gibson also had another really solid game in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.