By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich vs Bolton (Home) 31st October 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
IP14canary

IP14canary

On the subject of Bennett I honestly feel that if he could get a regular place in the side he would be our best centre half for years

BroadstairsR

BroadstairsR

Agree we played well. Totally disagree about Whittaker.
So do I, but Whittaker is the current scapegoat so even when he puts in a decent performance it will not be recognised.

Having watched the match twice it is my opinion that Whitts deserves a bit of credit for what was a very involved performance, both in defense and attack.

This included one vital interception at the right time when Bolton really threatened and a very good goal-bound effort that brought an excellent save form their goalkeeper .

The problem with this scapegoating, and we all have a tendancy to do it occasionally, is that it clouds the judgement somewhat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yellow Fever

Yellow Fever

I agree that Whittaker (and Martin at CB as well) has been unfairly criticised. Once the 'scapegoat mindset' is in place, any error is exaggerated and any good points largely ignored. 

T

Trevmuttley

I thought Whittaker had a decent game, should have scored when Redmond cut one back from the bye line. It's so easy to find a scapegoat when the team isnt playing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.