By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Season Tickets Forced Coupling

Safri15

Safri15

Lower Barclay, Block A for me. First time season ticket holder so looking forward to meeting the guys around me!

Unfortunately can't make Saturday so Blackburn on Tuesday night will be my first one! Looking forward to not getting home until 2am :)

hogesar

hogesar

I'm lower Barclay Block C and i'm fairly sure the bloke in front of me is a paedophile.

Ok - I probably can't get away with saying that. It's entirely possible he's friends with the young girl and family that sit next to me. The alternative is he's grooming her and the family are letting it happen.

On a more serious note (if that can't be taken seriously, of course) - I have a couple of older blokes behind me who from 48 seconds of most matches starting, and with no sense of irony, state "Well this game is *bleep*. We're useless".

Oddly enough they were right for the majority of last season.

Scott

Scott

Upper Barclay here.

I have an amazingly sweary guy on my right, who is quite funny actually, I swear he is going to explode soon. Guy on the left is okay, theres a woman somewhere behind me that shrieks every time the opposition get the ball, and I have a few grumblers sat in front, not too bad really. Theres a guy somewhere within earshot on the left that is one of those "You're rubbish Elmander" types, and I have shouted back at him a few times lol.

I sat next to an old bloke at the Celte Vigo game who did nothing but whinge how awful we were for 90 minutes, the highlight being whining that we needed wide players on, when at that point we actually had virtually every wide player we own, on the field.

I used to have a guy near me who would just shout, over and over, "Use the space"
Must be near me! The shreiky woman is horrible haha she has a voice that could cut through glass! I'm in area D...there is a very angry sweary man to my right who sits right at the front and every now and then he will whack the railing in front of him with his ring and it makes a huge noise haha, also a sweary little guy who sits at the front too who I think is hilarious. His trademark shout being "HANG UP YER BOOTS YOU OLD TW*T"

morty

morty

Staff member
I am in block B. Unfortunately I think the people we describe are replicated throughout the entire ground. Its like there is a small group of typical Norwich fan types, that we all fit into.

Disturbing lol.

Robert Brompton

Robert Brompton

Will be going to the game on Saturday with a slight sense of trepidation about what sort of people I will have to put up with for another 22 home games this season.  Mind you they will have to put up with me too!

broadsist

broadsist

I honestly couldn’t be any luckier with my neighbours in Lower Barclay C – a really good mix of people who are (generally) knowledgeable, thoughtful and funny when talking about the game.  Most of them are relatively old boys who have sat together for years, and they’ve welcomed me into the fold since I got my season ticket there 5 years ago. 

The oldest of the boys and my direct neighbour, Ted, passed away just over a year ago – he was a city fan since 1949 and had some great stories to tell (as well as some great catchphrases/pet hates)… I always spare a thought for him at every home game (though not sure how much he would’ve enjoyed last season).

Of course, there are a few annoying voices too (“HAVE A LOOK!” is one that stands out) but I really don’t have any complaints :)

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Did anybody get any great/terrible new neighbours?

splutcho

splutcho

Looking on Twitter, seems like BigGrantHolt had some troubles. Hasn't said what it was but sounds quite bad.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Of course, there are a few annoying voices too (“HAVE A LOOK!” is one that stands out) but I really don’t have any complaints :)
You don't sit near Micky Flanagan do you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlfD_jwcp3I

Last edited by a moderator:
BarclayBoy88

BarclayBoy88

Good bunch around me, so pretty happy with that. Even a positive bunch which was both great to hear and highly surprising. 

Leedscanary

Leedscanary

Ha ha, well as a new ST holder I was a bit nervous to who or what I would be sat near - especially given that I'm going to the games on my own!

Block N, Jarrold about half way up. Bloke next to me on one side was nice enough, very quiet, had a young lad with him who broke into the typical young lad football shouty type. People to the other side seemed to have come for a social - never really watched or commented on the game but spoke to each other about what they done since they seen each other last season! In front was the biggest laugh of all, I'll be keeping an eye on this guy if he's there all season. Came to his seat with 5 minutes already played, went for a wee on 20mins back just in time for Johnsons goal. Off again at 40mins for a pie then back for the start of 2nd half. Then went (wee again?) on 55mins, missed Grabban & Tettey's goals, back about 65mins then ups and leaves for good on 80mins, shaking the hands of everyone he had disturbed half a dozen times on his way out! Very bizarre!

Then there was the group of people behind me who berated the ref for giving Grabban (rightly) a yellow card - "he kicked the ball at him, ref, you ain't got a clue he couldn't get out of the way" - he should have been 10 yards away in the first place, ffs!

Beauseant

Beauseant

Ha ha, well as a new ST holder I was a bit nervous to who or what I would be sat near - especially given that I'm going to the games on my own!

Block N, Jarrold about half way up. Bloke next to me on one side was nice enough, very quiet, had a young lad with him who broke into the typical young lad football shouty type. People to the other side seemed to have come for a social - never really watched or commented on the game but spoke to each other about what they done since they seen each other last season! In front was the biggest laugh of all, I'll be keeping an eye on this guy if he's there all season. Came to his seat with 5 minutes already played, went for a wee on 20mins back just in time for Johnsons goal. Off again at 40mins for a pie then back for the start of 2nd half. Then went (wee again?) on 55mins, missed Grabban & Tettey's goals, back about 65mins then ups and leaves for good on 80mins, shaking the hands of everyone he had disturbed half a dozen times on his way out! Very bizarre!

Then there was the group of people behind me who berated the ref for giving Grabban (rightly) a yellow card - "he kicked the ball at him, ref, you ain't got a clue he couldn't get out of the way" - he should have been 10 yards away in the first place, ffs!
Apparently there are people in Block N moaning about an newcomer shouting unintelligibly and swilling gravy from a Thermos. Is he anywhere near you?

Seriously though you can't be far from me, I'm in Block M Row O just across the gangway.

Leedscanary

Leedscanary

Apparently there are people in Block N moaning about an newcomer shouting unintelligibly and swilling gravy from a Thermos. Is he anywhere near you?

Seriously though you can't be far from me, I'm in Block M Row O just across the gangway.

Oh, yeah - the Gravy bloke. He's a top fellow is that one!

I saw you stood (I think :rolleyes: ) clapping Hoolahan off. Sat next to a bloke in a hat - was the good lady getting her hair done?

Beauseant

Beauseant

Oh, yeah - the Gravy bloke. He's a top fellow is that one!

I saw you stood (I think :rolleyes: ) clapping Hoolahan off. Sat next to a bloke in a hat - was the good lady getting her hair done?
Yes, that was John Hopgood my next door neighbour. Sue was babysitting. Will look out for you on Tuesday!

Keckers

Keckers

I'm close to both of you. Block L Row L. Generally quiet around us but you must be close to the guy who screams at the top of his lungs maybe twice a game. Best one was last time in the champs when we played Portsmouth. At the end if the game he nearly gave himself a coronary screaming at the players that they were being paid with stolen money. All done in a really posh accent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beauseant

Beauseant

I'm close to both of you. Block L Row L. Generally quiet around us but you must be close to the guy who screams at the top of his lungs maybe twice a game. Best one was last time in the champs when we played Portsmouth. At the end if the game he nearly gave himself a coronary screaming at the players that they were being paid with stolen money. All done in a really posh accent.
Oh yes, he's an absolute gem!

BarclayBoy88

BarclayBoy88

I was treated to a fella behind me screaming at Johnson not to shoot every time he got the ball......he was strange quiet in the second half.

C

ChemicalsChris

I'm lower Barclay, block C. There's 2 old dears right behind me, both in their 70s. Quite sweet but lots of shrieking, tapping on my shoulder and general old lady behaviour. Fair play to them tho, they never whinge about the standing or swearing :)

Robert Brompton

Robert Brompton

My only concern is the sudden rise of Fermania around me.  The same people who were saying he was lazy, fat and too inconsistent last season are screaming "Leroy"  as if he was a world beater because he scored a goal in Brazil.  Generally though virtually no change at all in the people around me - I would say 90% are the same people I have seen for at least 5 or 6 years if not longer.