By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Swansea interest in Olsson

C

CanaryNath

Apparently looking to offer £4m, in the Express

What do people think?

It's £4m which, if up front, could be immediately used to buy a very good CB.

Is Garrido match-fit?

Last edited by a moderator:
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

So Olsson has asked for a transfer? If he doesn't want to be here then get rid, am I the only person who thinks he's a tad bit overrated or am I alone in that assessment?

I've always considered him to have all the necessary attributes to be a top class attacking full back, but one who hasn't used them enough, he should be more a threat going forward than he typically is with the pace that he has.

2 assists in 49 games. 

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Can see that it is the Daily Mail claiming that he has submitted a transfer request, so hardly set in stone and may be untrue. 

Dandy Mountfarto

Dandy Mountfarto

Swansea have agreed a 5m fee for Naughton, could put this one to bed?

The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

Depends if you see Naughton as a right-back or a left back really.

Personally I would say double it and we'll talk.

Yes I do think he is worth 8m. POTS last season for me. Perhaps not having a blinder this year but plenty are off par. I think Olsson is a great left back and could play for one of the top clubs. I was delighted we kept him in the summer> Understand if we cant keep hold of him, but we need to be sufficiently persuaded.

Less than 8m for me and I think we'll have been done

ZLF

ZLF

£5m for naughton,   who I would say is of a similar standard (slightly better imo) and age and in the premis probably indicative of what we should expect for Olsson.   I think Swansea are looking for two full backs so could be a tense couple of weeks.

Want to keep him - but only if he wants to stay - but if the offer is over £6m then that is good value for me.

C

CanaryNath

Agree that anything £6m and over would represent good business, but time is running out in this window to replace him, should we sell.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Anybody know if you can do multiple bets for transfers? 

Crystal Palace are going to sign Neil Taylor from Swansea

Swansea are going to replace Neil Taylor with Martin Olsson

Norwich are then going to sign Stephen Hendrie from Hamilton. A player who was actually linked to both Swansea and Crystal Palace in November! 

Its a stroke of good fortune that one of Hamilton's two best players is a left back.... Apparently West Ham have had a £2m bid rejected though, so it would be a coup if we could land him. Perhaps the promise of first team football instead of U21 development games would swing it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Din

Din

Some Swansea fans on another forum have said that their top priority this window anyway was a left back, as they never replaced Ben Davies after he left, so I imagine they will go for this regardless of whether Taylor leaves or not. They also said that they also needed a right back, so even if they bring in Naughton I imagine they will continue to try and sign Olsson.

In an ideal world we would keep all our first-team players, so that we can keep moving forwards without any drastic changes to the team. However, if we can get £5m for Olsson I'd be relatively happy with that. More than that and I'd be pretty pleased. He was excellent last season, but this season for whatever reason he hasn't quite lived up to the standards he set himself last campaign. I really like him, but he has been suspect defensively much more regularly than he was last season, so if we can get £5m and an adequate replacement it is certainly something I would be in favour of. 

Didn't we reject a bid of £4m from West Ham in the summer? If so then you'd think that we could get more for him now.

Paul Handscombe

Paul Handscombe

£4m bite their hands off, he aint that good, also if he has asked  to leave then *bleep* him laters