By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Ultimate Soccer Manager 1998

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Did anybody use to play this? 

I don't have the time or inclination to concentrate on Football Manager these days, but have been going on a bit of a nostalgia trip and playing the games of my childhood (getting an N64 soon  :wub: )

I found a patched download of USM 98 the other week which works on Windows 7, completely hooked. Love the fact that you can just press 'instant' on the match screen and there are only about 7 different stats to get your head around, can do a season in a couple of hours. 

Oh and the way that average kids turn into wonderkids overnight, and you can develop the ground yourself.

Somewhere there is a 2012/13 player update, where USM 98 is updated to the 2013 season. Great fun. 

Quite scary to me that there are some posters on here who were toddlers when this game was released. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt Gascoine

Matt Gascoine

i remember the earlier versions where you could put bets on your team and bung the refs and other teams players

David Black

David Black

wow that's a blast from the past! I had this and yeah it was an odd game with the bungs and betting lol

G

Greennyellow

i remember the earlier versions where you could put bets on your team and bung the refs and other teams players
Ha I remember that. Used to love this game. Big fan of the earlier Champ Man games too on my 486.. was buzzing when I got my new pentium chip so I could do a season in a weekend instead of a week.

Indy_Bones

Indy_Bones

I do have a relatively updated database for Championship Manager 2, but never really played USM much.

dj161

dj161

Championship Manager 2001/2 is one of the greatest football management games ever, played that for years with updates, never played USM but sounds fun with bribes and bungs