By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Was gorn on in traynun Neel

N

Number 9

Things have been tweaked occasionally, against ManC and Everton etc.
But most of the time, Farke has displayed inertia.
Change has usually only happened as a last resort, whether that's team changes or substitutions.
I'm not sure why our players generally haven't improved as individuals, usually employees have assessments and performance reviews for their personal development.
As nice as he is when you interact with him, and as much as he chants the mantra during his media time, I really have come to believe that he is out of his depth and we will be playing in the Championship next season.

N

Number 9

So what would it look like, this training on?
To illustrate, imagine spending a week, 3 hours per day say, As a group practicing scoring from corners.
During that time, many,many corners can be kicked in and several tactics can be rehearsed until you couldn't possibly miss.
You would have to be quite miserable to not believe that goals would be scored from corners during the following games.

Or perhaps....

imagine spending a week, 3 hours per day say, As a group practicing defending corners.
During that time, many,many corners can be kicked in and several tactics can be rehearsed until you couldn't possibly concede.
You would have to be quite miserable to not believe that goals would be saved from corners during the following games.

That's just two scenarios how failing to prepare can result in preparing to fail.
Do you see evidence of organisation and thorough preparation when we attack with corners or defend corners?
I'm not impressed with what I see.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Whilst plenty of practice should make us better you can’t really take into account what the opposition will do though, unless your name is Bielsa and you have a look to see exactly what they do. Plus the other team also practices defending and attacking at corners which at the very least levels the playing field. You could look at any goal conceded and say it’s because we don’t practice enough but it’s not as simple as that is it?

N

Number 9

Whilst plenty of practice should make us better you can’t really take into account what the opposition will do though, unless your name is Bielsa and you have a look to see exactly what they do. Plus the other team also practices defending and attacking at corners which at the very least levels the playing field. You could look at any goal conceded and say it’s because we don’t practice enough but it’s not as simple as that is it?
Fair comment except we do concede terribly at and around corners and I think I remember Zimbo scoring a goal at a corner but in living memory, do we really pose a threat with our tactics from set pieces?
Surely you're not telling me that hours of training each week go into that? Somethings going badly wrong if so.