By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

What features would you like to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E2 Canary

E2 Canary

Yeah, disemvowelling is a tactic I've seen on a few blogs where particularly offensive comments that have been downvoted get all their vowels removed, rendering them basically illegible. If you really want to read them you can click on them to restore the vowels, but then you're making a choice to read something offensive/irritating, otherwise you just skim over it easily without the trolling affecting you. It's a brilliant concept for killing trolling. Not that this place seems to have active trolls yet, but it's ways worth having a plan if they do appear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy

Andy

I think this is by far the best fans' site that I've come across, not just because of the cool tecky features, but mainly because of the quality of the posters & posts. Over the past month there have been some tricky debates on emotive topics on here but posters have remained respectful of others whilst still expressing their views frankly.

That's the reason why this forum will continue to grow whilst the inability of some other forums to control the rabid ranting of some of their posters is the reason why they will continue to decline.

Well done for creating this much needed forum and for keeping it on track.

Yellow Fever

Yellow Fever

I think this is by far the best fans' site that I've come across, not just because of the cool tecky features, but mainly because of the quality of the posters & posts. Over the past month there have been some tricky debates on emotive topics on here but posters have remained respectful of others whilst still expressing their views frankly.

That's the reason why this forum will continue to grow whilst the inability of some other forums to control the rabid ranting of some of their posters is the reason why they will continue to decline.

Well done for creating this much needed forum and for keeping it on track.
Glad to see you're getting the credit you deserve, Barclay Boy. This site is a real pleasure to use.

Dandy Mountfarto

Dandy Mountfarto

I just noticed you can 'like' your own posts, I quite enjoy that its a bit like smelling your own farts.

Andy

Andy

I often think that the brilliant work that the CSF does often goes on unnoticed to many fans. Would it be possible to create a forum where relevant information about them could be posted?

I'm asking in a completely unofficial capacity, I don't have any connection with them other than experiencing the enormous benefits that my autistic son, Jacob, has got from the various activities that they have put on.

More details here: http://www.communitysportsfoundation.org.uk

admin

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I often think that the brilliant work that the CSF does often goes on unnoticed to many fans. Would it be possible to create a forum where relevant information about them could be posted?

I'm asking in a completely unofficial capacity, I don't have any connection with them other than experiencing the enormous benefits that my autistic son, Jacob, has got from the various activities that they have put on.

More details here: http://www.communitysportsfoundation.org.uk
Andy, there are so many links and pages that I could be creating, what I'd really like to do is have a big information section. I think the easiest way for me to achieve that is to introduce the link directory that I linked to up thread. Can ultimately make it the only dedicated Norwich City link directory (that I know of),and I could 'feature' links like the CSF and FONCY. 

Here is a raw / unstyled preview install: http://www.marchertech.com/board/links/

What do you think about a links page?

Not only can all sources of information be linked from a single place, like the ultimate Norwich City bookmarks page, but people can also submit interest news articles etc. 

It takes a long time to produce a page of information on this software, as it is all raw CSS / HTML, rather than like a wordpress site where you can just create a page with a text editor and insert images. 

So I thought that external links to the best Norwich City resources and information sites would be a better solution?

admin

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Other small things I'm thinking about introducing, feedback on whether anybody would like to see them would be useful:

• An advanced statistics page for the stat junkies, to measure the sites growth. Like this: http://www.marchertech.com/board/stats/
  • A tab on profile pages which shows what 'likes' a user has been given, and by whom.
  • Twitter feed in profile (user just enters twitter ID, displays last few tweets, people can click through and follow).
  • Navigation links in Galleries (Next Image + Previous Image),not sure if anybody else has noticed that galleries are difficult to flick through at the moment! 
All of those require me to install third party code, so would appreciate members input on those four possible customisations?

admin

admin

Administrator
Staff member
E.g. CSF could actually have its own link category if people actively shared links to new stories and the pages of their website. Otherwise, it could at least have a featured link to its website. 

People can comment on links, just like they'd be able to comment on a forum post. We had a lot of posters complain that there were too many forums, so I've recently reduced those significantly. 

Watling the Gnome

Watling the Gnome

I think what you've got here is good and would caution against over-extending too soon - if people want advanced stats, they can go to those sites and get them.  Twitter ID is a nice idea but I don't tweet about football so nobody would find it relevant, and if I did tweet about football, then it would only be duplicating what I would post here anyway.

Have a couple of weeks "off", I don't know, take yourself out to dinner or something and enjoy what you've made.

Andy

Andy

E.g. CSF could actually have its own link category if people actively shared links to new stories and the pages of their website. Otherwise, it could at least have a featured link to its website. 

People can comment on links, just like they'd be able to comment on a forum post. We had a lot of posters complain that there were too many forums, so I've recently reduced those significantly.
Sounds really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.