17.00 to Liverpool Street

M

Moosheep

New Member
I have to be in London on Saturday evening. I am actually meant to be in London on Saturday afternoon but I have refused to miss the Stoke game. The (annoyed) other half has booked tickets on the 17.00 train. I have never left a Norwich game before the final whistle. Is that record about to go out the window? Assuming 3 or 4 minutes of added time, will I be cutting it too fine by waiting until the end? My seat is pretty near an exit so I can be out of the ground pronto, and I'm quite a good runner! To miss the train however is not an option. No really, is it NOT AN OPTION!!!

Moo
 
dj161

dj161

Well-Known Member
You essentially need there to be practically no injury time in either half, leave dead on full time, then run to the station, good luck with that, I'd say the best stand to be in is the Barclay as its the closest to the station, but at the same time I know the Barclay seems to take about 12x longer than the other stands to get out of, I think you might have to leave as it gets to injury time
 
M

Moosheep

New Member
I'm in the Upper Barclay, pretty much adjacent to an exit, so couldn't be much better placed however I think I will need to set off a cut off point and leave then, regardless of what is happening on the pitch. I hate the thought of missing even a minute, and knowing my luck we will be a goal down when I leave only for the team get two in injury time!
 
C

CanaryNath

New Member
you'll never make it on time if you wait until the final whistle, even if there's no injury time. 
 
baccy

baccy

New Member
Be thankful you're not in Jarrold area "O". You'd be struggling to get the 18.00.

Whatever good luck on your 4.45 sprint. ;)
 
morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
I live near the train station and I would put it at a ten minute brisk walk.
 
S

SussexYellow

Active Member
Regularly get the 5:30. No worries, plenty of time. 

But would not consider the 5:00 as a realistic prospect without leaving early, If you totally can not miss it then somewhere around the 87th minute is about as long as you dare!
 
I

It's Character Forming

New Member
I also hate leaving early but the game will finish about 4.50 even if there's not much injury time so I guess you'll have to this time.

im embarrassed to say that last season I left the Huddersfield away game when Vaughan scored their second in injury time. Won't do that ever again!
 
M

Moosheep

New Member
OK, so I left after two minutes of added time, maybe two and a half (got distracted by a corner). Half ran to the station and arrived with 7 minutes to spare, so maybe should have caught the end of the match, although then there is the risk of getting caught up in the hoards leaving.
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top