A decent pie....and still a great match day experience

Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

Active Member
I was a very happy camper despite last week's loss to Leicester.......because I was actually at the game, and just wanted to document how great it felt coming back and being amongst the crowd at Carrow Road. I have now been away from our great City 11 years and have managed to return each year for at least one match a season,I know that doesnt sound much, but it does just keep me in touch enough with reality to compliment the excellent live coverage of every match we get over here.....oh, how I wish I could afford to come over more often (just heard my Wife remind me that I'm still paying off the credit card for the Wembley play-off).

Carrow Road remains a great place to visit for the match day experience, even though I was a little surprised by the lack of atmosphere until we scored (was a bit like a library at times), and you just cannot beat seeing a match in the flesh so to speak, you really appreciate the skill levels and speed of the game, something that TV some how seems to water down.

I sampled a couple of match day food favorites.....a cheese burger from the van outside of the club shop.........have to say it was very average for the high price charged, very average......and then at half time went for a Pukka Pie. Now, my expectations were not very high....however, must say that the Balti Pie I had was very decent and an improvement on what I have sampled in recent previous seasons, certainly better value than the burger.... yes, I am a fatbloke, if that's what you are thinking.

Two things that struck me whilst at the match, one was that maybe its about time we had some better half time entertainment, its all a bit low key and its actually a chance missed to help warm up the crowd for a rousing second half. Also, whilst I know there are financial considerations, BUT........I really do not like being able to see the City over the top of the Main Stand, its tinpot and about time something was done about it, even though it could be a logistical nightmare and the investment never directly returned.......maybe then it wouldnt be such a struggle to get a ticket when I come over OTBC, yep not only fat but also very selfish!  

.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
I really do not like being able to see the City over the top of the Main Stand, its tinpot and about time something was done about it
I just don't like the way that opposing armchair fans only see our smallest stand due to the position of the TV cameras, would be better to stick the cameras on top of the City Stand and show the Jarrold. Problem is they wouldn't be able to perform the obligatory Delia zoom every 30 seconds, so they'd have to keep a dedicated "Delia cam", possibly with an instruction to press the red button on your remote if you are just watching to see Delia. 
 
Last edited by a moderator:
eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

New Member
But then you would be showing the opposition supporters as well. When Match of the Week started on Anglia, many seasons ago, the cameras were behind the old River End. And there was only one. But at least it was focused on the  noisy Barclay End.
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top