Any more out the door?

B

brhdodds

New Member
With Bennett going out on loan, can you see anymore following him? Toffolo?

I don't think we need so many strikers when we only play one up top, Hooper and/or Lafferty to go? Hooper might be a tough sell as he's injured but surely people will be all over Lafferty?

Would like to see Vadis O-O get his shot, looked a different class in the Championship, but AN definitely rates O'Neil over him and Mulumbu back in a couple of weeks.
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
Don't really know where Vadis stands as he's never really been match fit. I think that from the starts of games Vadis could well be ahead of Gary O'Neil as he offers more going forward. 

I do think you're right about Toffolo, expect they're looking for a Championship club to take him.

Forwards, well that's anybody's guess. There are clearly 3 that Neil rates ahead of the others and we don't play in a way which accommodates more than 1 of them at a time. At the moment. Once Hooper is fit I wouldn't be surprised to see him loaned out.
 
dj161

dj161

Well-Known Member
Not sure that O'Neil is ahead of VOO in the pecking order, I like O'Neil and feels he's severely underrated by a lot of people, but if both were fully fit throughout the summer I very much doubt that VOO would of been sent out on loan and behind O'Neil in the pecking order
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Now that Olsson is fit I don't see any harm in loaning out Toffolo.
 
Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

Active Member
For me this all just highlights even more the need for a proper competitive reserve league, preferably an EPL reserve league (and also Championship too). If this was in existence you could then put a limit on the number of loan players each EPL club can move out to other clubs so as to ensure the reserve league was of a high quality and competitive.

It also, other than CB cover, highlights that our squad really isnt so shabby. 
 
splutcho

splutcho

Moderator
For me this all just highlights even more the need for a proper competitive reserve league, preferably an EPL reserve league (and also Championship too). If this was in existence you could then put a limit on the number of loan players each EPL club can move out to other clubs so as to ensure the reserve league was of a high quality and competitive.

It also, other than CB cover, highlights that our squad really isnt so shabby. 
In theory, a competitive reserve league would be great. In reality, it just wouldn't work. Managers would still use it to bring players back from injuries and not take it too seriously.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
In theory, a competitive reserve league would be great. In reality, it just wouldn't work. Managers would still use it to bring players back from injuries and not take it too seriously.
Are the football authorities still planning on sticking 'B teams' in League Two? 

I hate the idea, but if it does happen then we need to try and be one of the teams who has a B team, otherwise those who do will have an advantage
 
Last edited by a moderator:
splutcho

splutcho

Moderator
I don't care for the idea at all. I guess it seems to work in Spain, but we have more professional clubs than Spain and I loathe the idea of clubs spaces in the 92 being taken up by Chelsea and Man United B. 
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
I don't care for the idea at all. I guess it seems to work in Spain, but we have more professional clubs than Spain and I loathe the idea of clubs spaces in the 92 being taken up by Chelsea and Man United B. 
I think it would mean the 92 becoming a higher number, but I also dislike the idea. How would promotions work, would there be a Chelsea B Team competing for promotion to the Premier League? Two Chelsea's in the Premier League? Two Chelsea's in the top 6 sharing players? 
 
Last edited by a moderator:
splutcho

splutcho

Moderator
I know in Spain that Barca B and Real Madrid Castilla can't be promoted to the top flight.
 
dj161

dj161

Well-Known Member
Technically the B teams in spain can be promoted to the top flight, so long as the A team isn't in that league so for Barca B to be promoted Barca would have to be relegated
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top