Are there any free agents?

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
The only players we can sign now that the window has closed is free agents. 

So, do we know of any?

I can only think of one..... Berbatov.

I'd take him now. 

Who else? 
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Kevin Nolan is another, although centre midfield probably the one area where we have enough depth. 

Any centre backs? 
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
We've just missed out on Heitinga who has signed for Ajax, would have been a decent extra body for defence! 
 
Surgeryman

Surgeryman

New Member
Titus Bramble anyone?  :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Vlaar is crocked, out for 3 or 4 months. 
 
Yellow Fever

Yellow Fever

New Member
City had two months in which to sign a 4th CB and now we are left scratching around for free-agents. Pathetic.
 
Suffolk Canary

Suffolk Canary

New Member
Berbatov has gone to POAK.   Vlaar would have huge wages for someone so injury prone but a good player. 
 
Indy_Bones

Indy_Bones

New Member
I thought that Vlaar had reached an agreement with Southampton about a week or so ago to join them???
 
derehamyella

derehamyella

New Member
I see Yobo is on the freebie list without contracts ..  If we were short in midfield I would take Nolan no problems   
 
dj161

dj161

Well-Known Member
a couple of days ago I'd of said I'd like Nolan but we have plenty of midfielders already, now with BJ, Vadis and Andreu moving out I feel like there could well be a spot for him here, still pretty unlikely that we'd sign him, but could do with his prem experience and determination on the field, not got a terrible goal scoring record either, averages about 1 in 5, not bad from midfield
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Kevin Nolan has negotiated the termination of his contract because he was sick of sitting on the bench, so isn't going to want to uproot to Norfolk to do the same, suspect he'll sign for a Championship side for similar reasons that BJ just has. 
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Carlton Cole? 

If there is no prospect of making things up with Grabban? Or to simply allow Hooper out on loan?

I know he's shite, but he's free. 
 
splutcho

splutcho

Moderator
Pretty sure we can sign free agents but they can't play. We can only pick players from our named squad.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Pretty sure we can sign free agents but they can't play. We can only pick players from our named squad.
We can add them to our 25 as long as they became unemployed before the transfer deadline and we have room in the 25 to add a player (which we do, we have 24 in the list). So if a player is released today we can't add them to the 25, if they were released on 31st August we can. 

Richard Dunne 1 year contract as centre back cover? Over 20 games in this division last season, is old and slow but better than nowt in an emergency! 
 
Last edited by a moderator:
dj161

dj161

Well-Known Member
I'd take Richard Dunne for a year on a free transfer, as you said not going to play every week but plenty of experience cover for us
 
the bristol nest

the bristol nest

New Member
Can we take in a loan player or just loan out?
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top