Are there any free agents?

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
I'd take Richard Dunne for a year on a free transfer, as you said not going to play every week but plenty of experience cover for us
Perhaps we could justify a one year deal if he combined being a backup player with doing some coaching sessions for the U18's or mentoring some kids or something.
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
No, I'm pretty sure that we could sign him. Clubs that have under 25 players named can add them to their squads. Could be wrong though.

Of course there's a good chance that even if we wanted Adebayor he wouldn't want to come here. I'm sure that loads of other clubs around the world would be interested. I can see him joining a money league in China or the UAE.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
No, I'm pretty sure that we could sign him. Clubs that have under 25 players named can add them to their squads. Could be wrong though.
I'm 100% certain that we can't add him to our 25 man squad because he was released after the transfer deadline, we can add free agents to our 25 man squad but only if they were unemployed at the point at which the deadline closes. Kevin Nolan, for example, was released on the 27th August, so we could sign him and add him to the 25 man squad. 
 
Indy_Bones

Indy_Bones

New Member
I can't see Adebayor wanting much change from 80-100k per week (possibly more), and whilst clubs in China and Qatar might be willing and able to pay that much, we certainly aren't going to break our transfer cap to that extent, especially not on a player with questionable attitude and certainly not the type of personality AN is likely to favour...
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
Adebayor would certainly be good enough for us to want to sign him. But he would never consider playing for us and we could afford to pay him. He'll go for a final payday.

I thought we could sign him though, as he hadnt been named in a squad
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
"If a player is out of contract prior to the close of the window he is free to approach and sign for a club outside the transfer window, but the club must gain the approval of the Premier League Board"

That's from the Premier League official website. 
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top