By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Big Sam

the jarrold

the jarrold

Being interviewed for the England job this week. Apparently it's between him and Klinsman according to the Guardian. Really hope it's Klinsman.

ZLF

ZLF

not too impressed by klinsmann but is the least bad of the two interviewed.

KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

A lot of USA fans have been wanting rid of Klinsmann for a while.

Big Sam would bring murderball to an international stage and would at least get us playing somewhat efficiently.

I'd pick Martinez, we're never going to win anything anyway so we might as well do it playing pretty football.

Din

Din

Wouldn't want either tbh. I would quite like to see us go for Mancini.

G

GJP

I'd be happy enough with him. I'd rather have had him than Hodgson.

Couldn't have seen us going out to Iceland with him incharge.

Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

I personally dont think there is a better candidate than Big Sam, will take no *bleep* and make us difficult to beat, 

Indy_Bones

Indy_Bones

I'd personally rather have Rijkaard tbh, was excellent at both Barca and Gala and only really came unstuck when in charge of a pretty awful Saudi Arabia national side.

Would allow us to have good football, and a style of play that's far better than the archaic crap that's been served up far too often by numerous england managers.

KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

From the candidates that had a chance this was the best choice.

eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

It is a strange world where a manager who has never won a trophy and has a win percentage of just 33% while being most famous for rescuing clubs is acknowledged by most of us as probably the right man for the England job.

I hope that his previous philosophy of football to suit stays and doesn't get caught up in the we must play in the style of the last WC winners. And his team talks must be good in the dressing room because he doesn't race up and down in his technical area whistling and shouting.

But just two things more: lose that chewing gum and for the media (and posters) to stop calling him Big Sam.