By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Bolton

dj161

dj161

Bolton's apparent takeover has collapsed and they face a winding up order on Wednesday, this could see them go into administration, recieve a 12 point penalty, or even be put out of business

Now for the fans sake I hope they pull through as I can't imagine what it would be like to see your club go out of business, but at the same time I imagine HMRC want to make an example of a club and ensure all debts are paid and that you can't just spend what you want with no reprecussions as a warning to those that spend crazy amounts higher up in the footballing spectrum

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I wouldn’t be surprised if someone “rescues” them at the last minute just to get a better price. Have to feel for the fans though.

N

Number 9

It's the House of Fraser situation, let them go into administration and you can buy it for a fiver and not pay full whack to the creditors.

morty

morty

Staff member
We discussed it in another thread, but if they go under, do all their games vanish, and any points won against them vanish too? I can't remember what outcome we came to.

N

Number 9

We discussed it in another thread, but if they go under, do all their games vanish, and any points won against them vanish too? I can't remember what outcome we came to.
I cant see them going out of existence, probably administration then being sold.
My concern is that the scum might not be bottom of the league any more.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I think the general view is that points would go, West Brom would only be four points behind Leeds but the gap between us and the rest would stay the same ( I think )

David Evans

David Evans

Having said that a club being wound up is not necessarily ground for it's record being expunged, Chester were expelled from the league for rule breaches and then eventually wound up in March.

Not to mention this late in the season it will be interesting to see how the league handle this, but it may not come to that, much like Brexit I suspect an extension will be granted and it will rumble on for even longer.

David Evans

David Evans

Suggests there is a buyer and belief the tax bill will be paid, otherwise they wouldn't grant the extension.

dj161

dj161

also this apparently means that any points deduction that comes there way won't come into affect until next season as it's to close to the end of this season, so potentially starting off in league one with -12, could be a long way back for them but I think it's fair to do that, no point taking points off of a team that is likely going down anyway, its not really a punishment if they did that